Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s 80m euros tbf. In any case you’d expect to overpay for world-class talent (and I’d just about put him in that bracket) so you’re the only team in the conversation. If he’s going for anything resembling a bargain then you’ll get a lot of competition from “bigger” clubs for his signature.

I don’t think he’s world class.  I don’t think he’s better than Rodrygo let alone Vini Jr. level.  

Who would be in for him at 65m?

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

As others have mentioned, Romero is reliable for anything Barca-related.

I’m not fully on board with the signing though. Raphinha pushed for the Barca move hard last year, it’s his dream club. For him to be moved out a year later is practically to force him out.

I don’t think he’ll want to be here at all.

Sounds a bit coutinho esq.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think he’s world class.  I don’t think he’s better than Rodrygo let alone Vini Jr. level.  

Who would be in for him at 65m?

He’s just about in that conversation for world class imo; but yes, those other 2 are better.

For 65m? Any top team wanting a winger I’d say. Arsenal for sure.

£70M quid for Raphinha seems about right to me, like. He'd easily go into the bracket of Botman, Bruno, and Isak wouldn't he, just on pure quality?

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

£70M quid for Raphinha seems about right to me, like. He'd easily go into the bracket of Botman, Bruno, and Isak wouldn't he, just on pure quality?

Not my money + FFP a myth = just do it

26 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Because we're broke?

And yes, he's been great, particularly in the past months - it took him a bit to get integrated into the side.

Yes, just find it weird to wrap my head around Barcelona agreeing to sell anybody considering their transfer activity in the summer when they were equally broke. :lol:

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yes, just find it weird to wrap my head around Barcelona agreeing to sell anybody considering their transfer activity in the summer when they were equally broke. :lol:

If they sell him just to take Messi back though. Need to forget about him. 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

LaLiga changed their FFP rules to prevent us from doing what we did last summer. So we kinda have to. 

Edited by Village Idiot

Raphinha is still a good age, has already been productive in the Premier League, played a style at Leeds that translates well to our current high tempo pressing approach and would instantly have the Brazilian connection with two of our best players.

It's about as sure banker a signing as you can get in many regards, and he'd fit into the first team instantly on the right side with absolutely minimal fuss.

It makes a lot of sense and so it's understandable. I think around £60 million would be ideal like @The College Dropout says, but if we make the Champions League then chucking on another £10 million isn't so terrible. If we go that high, I imagine the payment terms would be reasonable, and so would be spread out in a way that works well for us.

I see a lot of reports that say he is on £100,00 a week and so paying him somewhere in that range works for our current wage structure too. Although there are also some reports saying he is currently on £200,000 a week, which obviously wouldn't work for us. Guess it depends which of those estimates are accurate.

51 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No.  The same stats im using have Harrison as middling (vs other wingers).

Raphinha - love him as player but he’s not worth £80m.  Giving them back the £60m they paid is fair.  65m as a gesture is fine. Not worth a penny more. A lot of his creativity comes from set plays. While he’s good for a few worldies he’s not a composed finisher.  I also expect he’s on astronomical wages. £65m x 175k max imo.  

You were talking about Zubimendi in the post I quoted not Raphinha 

1 hour ago, kocunar said:

Would be a great signing but I don't see it.

Same. I just don't see how we'd come to an agreement on wages even if he was prepared to come here.

The player I saw play for Leeds was performing as good as the likes of Saka, Sterling etc.... he was just playing for an absolutely bang average Leeds side, which meant he spent loads of time defending.

He fits the profile we are looking for, entirely along the lines of what I mentioned the other day.

PL experience

Quality

Can play in a pressing system

Young and mouldable

His price is probably top end of what we can do. He's 50/60m player but capable of jumping up to a 100m player, if it clicks for him. His wages look big but we are edging towards increasing our wage cap quite soon if we want to progress.

Whether he's world class or not, depends entirely on your definition. He's certainly an elite player IMO.

He'd be adored here, no doubt.

Also remember the golden rule... selling side will always exaggerate the potential fee, buying side will play the fee down.

If they reckon we are paying 60 odd million quid, I'd bet it would be more like 40m with a raft of performance based add ons.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Was in Spain that year and got the full kit, was 11 or 12. Wish my parents had the foresight to keep these things once Id grown out or stopped wearing them. To think of the nice OG shirts I must have thrown away. 

Both home and away kits were nice - away was light blue I think - worn in the Cup Winners Cup final under SBR from what I remember