Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They're still the only team to be relegated with 40 points aren't they?

I think they might have went down with the highest points tally for a 38-game season - but I'm sure the mackems went down with 40 points in a season.  There probably were others - though relegation with 40 points is a rarity

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They're still the only team to be relegated with 40 points aren't they?

Did a quick check - PL-era only:

West Ham were the last team to go down with 40+ points - 42 points in 02/03 - which is also a record for a PL 38 game season

The mackems (96-97) and Bolton (97-98) both went down with 40 points in 38 game seasons.

The record points tally (PL only) for relegation is 49 - Palace in 92/93

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You could arguably compare this  Leicester side to the West Ham side that went down in 02-03, with players like Glen Johnson, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Jermain Defoe and Freddie Kanoute in the ranks.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Johnson, Carrick, Cole & Defoe were much younger than the Leicester players. The Leicester players are supposed to be at the peak of their career now. Hardly a player under 25 in their starting line-ups with exception of Daka & regen guy being 24 and Luke Thomas 21. 

Johnson was 19, Carrick was 23, Cole was 22, Defoe was 22 respectively when they left West Ham.

No rumour of it....yet...

But I'd jump at the chance for Busquets for a couple of years, if he didn't want crazy money.

Shit...he'd be better than Rice if it was possible and not just full dreamland :lol:

Just now, Aiston said:

No rumour of it....yet...

But I'd jump at the chance for Busquets for a couple of years, if he didn't want crazy money.

Shit...he'd be better than Rice if it was possible and not just full dreamland :lol:

He’s slower than one legged Bruno, wouldn’t suit our style at all. 

Leicester have had no PL keeper all season after not replacing Kasper and their defence is awful, not sure how that is Maddison’s fault. For Maddison to put in the numbers he has this season is that team tells you what quality he has.

also all this talk of ‘i don’t think he can press’ is nonsense, you can only judge him off what you see but if that’s not Leicesters style of play then obviously you won’t have seen him do it before. I’m sure he’s capable.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Love Busquets, despite him being one of the OG Shithouse all-timers. His time at the top is gone now though. He could play in Serie A but the PL would be beyond him now I think 

Doubt Serie A could/would afford him. Saudi or MLS awaits I reckon.

29 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Are we just writing Gordon off completely now?

He's 22

To be fair, you couldn’t find anyone on here that actually rated him before we signed him. He’s got a lot to prove. This isn’t likely at all but ideally I would loan him out next season, I just don’t think he’s ready for us and sitting on the bench won’t help either.

Think that’s a fairly wild take like. He was the best player for Everton in the previous season and a big part of keeping them up. He’s very versatile, has pace and can strike well off both feet. Technically, I’d have preferred a much better dribbler but I think he’s definitely ready. I also think he’s a perfect player for Howe to shape. Think we’ll really start to see his quality next season though 

A front 3 of Maddison, Isak and Diaby is an upgrade on our current one by far. Maddison offers deliveries and creativity and goal scoring from wide or when drifting about the pitch, Diaby can carry from deep like Maxi but can also play the wide forward role better with runs in behind. Which if Maxi could do would be unplayable. 

Then you either sign a 6 or another 8 and you add to the depth / upgrade the midfield. 

Edited by Kanji

21 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

To be fair, you couldn’t find anyone on here that actually rated him before we signed him. He’s got a lot to prove. This isn’t likely at all but ideally I would loan him out next season, I just don’t think he’s ready for us and sitting on the bench won’t help either.

We can’t be loaning out a 40m signing. I understand the sentiment but the club clearly have plans for him. 

39 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

He's going to get plenty of game time. We're going to have 2 games a week for most of next season. 

40 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think that’s a fairly wild take like. He was the best player for Everton in the previous season and a big part of keeping them up. He’s very versatile, has pace and can strike well off both feet. Technically, I’d have preferred a much better dribbler but I think he’s definitely ready. I also think he’s a perfect player for Howe to shape. Think we’ll really start to see his quality next season though 

No he wasn't.

46 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I actually agree with this. He needs experience and playing time. And we need to win football matches.

Edited by The College Dropout

@The College Dropoutwho was better in 21/22? Iwobi? That’s the only other person who I can think of. I didn’t watch all of their games but to act like he wasn’t one of their star players that season at the age of 20, is just ignoring how it was in my opinion. He mostly played 90 mins of football which is unusual for a 20 year old in a relegation-threatened side. He scored four, got two assists. Those aren’t huge numbers but in that side they were 

14 minutes ago, vexred said:

He's going to get plenty of game time. We're going to have 2 games a week for most of next season. 

And the way Eddie uses subs to keep up intensity (See Murphy playing at least a part in every game), he'll get plenty of game time.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

@The College Dropoutwho was better in 21/22? Iwobi? That’s the only other person who I can think of. I didn’t watch all of their games but to act like he wasn’t one of their star players that season at the age of 20, is just ignoring how it was in my opinion. He mostly played 90 mins of football which is unusual for a 20 year old in a relegation-threatened side. He scored four, got two assists. Those aren’t huge numbers but in that side they were 

Richarlison 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The one with 10 goals and 5 assists in the PL that season.

His quality is one thing. I don't believe he has great quality but the Howe improvement factor could still work in his favour. What does bother me though is that I thought we were getting an annoying little prick (to the other team) on this team who had real drive to win like Bellamy used to. He's played like he's afraid of his own shadow so far.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

His quality is one thing. I don't believe he has great quality but the Howe improvement factor could still work in his favour. What does bother me though is that I thought we were getting an annoying little prick (to the other team) on this team who had real drive to win like Bellamy used to. He's played like he's afraid of his own shadow so far.

This is why the loan shout isn't as bad as it seems. He's never had a decent run in a functional team where he has scored and contributed regularly. He needs a Milner at Villa type season but we actually keep him.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

40-45? He talked about selling ASM and adding 10m unless I misunderstood. We won’t get that much for ASM at this moment imo. (Only because of fitness)

I wouldn't agree with selling Maxi for less than 30m, probably looking at a 25+5 add ons given his perennial fitness issues. Wouldn't pay more than 40 for Barnes.

And not replying to your post specifically but it's worth noting that Leicester have scored the same amount of goals as Man Utd, if they go down it won't be because of their attacking players