Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

Brighton will decline imo.  You can’t keep losing players time and time again, eventually it will all catch up with them. 

Some of the players sold aren't that good, and they've been able to upgrade. The key is keeping the managers who get these performances out of them.

I like Mitoma a lot. But March has been just as productive. how much is down to the ability of the individual player?

Doesn't seem that long ago we were saying similar things about Southampton. Or Leicester. 

I remember multiple articles writing about how well Swansea were set up with their "culture" able to see them through changes in playing staff, managers etc.

Brighton have done fantastically and deserve to be where they are, but it's not easy to maintain a constant top four/six push and plenty of clubs have failed trying it.

25 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont find any reason why we should go him over Diaby

Never said we should do.

Just saw he was linked and when looking at the two, I noticed how poor Diaby's defensive numbers were in comparison, so just wondered if that might be something taken into consideration.

I'm still not 100% convinced on Diaby. He obviously has bags of potential, but his game is largely based on pace and finishing. I'm not sure that's what we need, especially in a league where he won't get oceans of space in behind. 

That's not to say he won't be a good player, it just it feels like we need someone with a bit more creativity against the low block.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still not 100% convinced on Diaby. He obviously has bags of potential, but his game is largely based on pace and finishing. I'm not sure that's what we need, especially in a league where he won't get oceans of space in behind. 

That's not to say he won't be a good player, it just it feels like we need someone with a bit more creativity against the low block.

The Premier League tends to be quite open and high tempo so he would fit well I think.

However, having seen a fair bit of him now, I know what you mean. I think someone that plays with a bit more subtlety and 'cuteness' would be nice. Wouldn't be upset about Diaby at all though.

The news that Spurs might pass on Kulusevski has me all in on that move now. Especially for around £30 million?! That would be an unreal deal. The thought of him joining us instead and going on to be brilliant, and so making a fool of Spurs would be incredible. Would make up for the whole Modric fiasco.

Just now, BeloEmre said:

Why for us?

Because I expect them to fall away the

more instability they face. The chances that they keep making really

good decisions on managers and players get thinner over time, especially as they keep losing backroom staff to other clubs 

Hello, I'm Hungarian, I've been watching Szoboszlai's every move for five years. I'm biased, that's the only reason I watch RB Leipzig's matches.
Szoboszlai shows the beauty of classic football, combined with today's speed and power. Watch it on the video sharing!
Newcastle is a fantastic team, I would be proud if he signed for this great team. Buy him, you won't be disappointed!
We wish you the best of luck and a successful appearance in the Champions League!

45 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Never said we should do.

Just saw he was linked and when looking at the two, I noticed how poor Diaby's defensive numbers were in comparison, so just wondered if that might be something taken into consideration.

No go at you, its just that his attacking numbers are way better, but then again I dont know what they are demanding for Adli so whats the best deal its difficult to say.

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The Premier League tends to be quite open and high tempo so he would fit well I think.

However, having seen a fair bit of him now, I know what you mean. I think someone that plays with a bit more subtlety and 'cuteness' would be nice. Wouldn't be upset about Diaby at all though.

The news that Spurs might pass on Kulusevski has me all in on that move now. Especially for around £30 million?! That would be an unreal deal. The thought of him joining us instead and going on to be brilliant, and so making a fool of Spurs would be incredible. Would make up for the whole Modric fiasco.

:thup:

Aye, he's got a lot of talent, but in not sure he's what we need. I wouldn't grumble if we signed him though.

Whoever we do end up signing, the most exciting thing is you know they're being signed with a plan in mind, for EH to work with them and develop them and to augment the quality we have. It won't be haphazard and without any forethought or planning like the entirety of the Ashley era. That's what excites me the most, not so much the specific names we're linked with. It's so nice to have real trust in the club these days on a sporting level.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Murphy can find himself in space Im sure Diaby could to

46 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Think was job back in Italy, could be wrong

Roma if Jose heads to PSG? If they win the Europa I reckon he’s off - will be FC Porto all over 

Milan? Surely Stefano Piolli has enough credit in the bank 

Juve? Think they’ll give Max Allegri 1 more year

Inter? No

Lazio? No

Napoli? No

Then there’s the like of Atalanta and Fiorentina

1 hour ago, pecsab said:

Hello, I'm Hungarian, I've been watching Szoboszlai's every move for five years. I'm biased, that's the only reason I watch RB Leipzig's matches.
Szoboszlai shows the beauty of classic football, combined with today's speed and power. Watch it on the video sharing!
Newcastle is a fantastic team, I would be proud if he signed for this great team. Buy him, you won't be disappointed!
We wish you the best of luck and a successful appearance in the Champions League!

Köszönöm!

He’d be a great signing for us. 

3 hours ago, pecsab said:

Been any stories in the Hungarian press relating to where he might be moving to?

Although not sure they’d get much info unless they have some kind of relationship with members of his team/family?

33 minutes ago, SteV said:

Been any stories in the Hungarian press relating to where he might be moving to?

Although not sure they’d get much info unless they have some kind of relationship with members of his team/family?

In the Hungarian press, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, SSC Napoli and now Newcastle were the strongest. One thing is for sure. Szoboszlai is not moving because of the money, he is not interested in that. The challenge is what attracts him. He wants to win the Champions League, that's why he only goes to such a team which one is participating. If RB Leipzig fails to win the right to start, it will certainly change.

Wasn't sure where to put this but thought folks would enjoy the story of the ridiculous rise of Gift Orban over the past year, as he is gaining a lot of hype in Belgium at the moment. It's an incredible story really, and one that almost didn't happen. I know there are so many guys like this that didn't quite get the right break at the right time and fell by the way side.