Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, lxsln said:

Isn't his mother, the biggest cunt in the football world?

If you think of all the people just off the top of your head whom you know are c**** in football. What are the chances she’s the biggest of them? 

Very small, if you’re struggling.

43 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Thought you couldn't arrange Transfers outside of the window?

This blew my mind the other week too when I found out about it. 

Makes the whole "11pm deadline" even more tacky and a bit strange that clubs rush to make 1 last signing when they literally have all season to discuss fees and contracts

On 12/05/2023 at 18:00, Keegans Export said:

Doesn't seem that long ago we were saying similar things about Southampton. Or Leicester. 

I remember multiple articles writing about how well Swansea were set up with their "culture" able to see them through changes in playing staff, managers etc.

Brighton have done fantastically and deserve to be where they are, but it's not easy to maintain a constant top four/six push and plenty of clubs have failed trying it.

Southampton had a Swiss owner - he took them from administration in league 1 all the way to the Premierleague.  He died soon after but his daughter took over the running of the business and got them to 4 consecutive top half finishes in the PL after back to back promotions.

She sold a controlling share to some Chinese consortium and they’ve been battling relegation ever since.  She sold off her last 20% this season and now they are relegated.  

Leicester. Similar story.  League 1.  Thai owner.  Premier league champs. Owner dies tragically. Family business is in disarray. 

The important thing here is that the nascent follows an owner leaving. 

I think the move for Maddison makes real sense for both parties, I can really see him playing at St James and working with Bruno to open up teams. We’ll need that extra creativity in big games, europe and against that defensive set ups at home and really only Bruno runs games at the moment. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie