Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

As long as it means Burn out of that position then yes please.

Considering Tierney’s knees blow up all the time, it wont be long until he is back in that position :lol:

12 hours ago, STM said:

Well yes, but we are clearly after a certain level of player anyway. I don't see Europa League curtailing that by a great amount and our targets won't change.

Unless the player we want to sign wants champions league football 

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Unless the player we want to sign wants champions league football 

If us and Liverpool want Maddison, for arguement sake, and we have CL football, do you seriously think he's choosing us over Liverpool?

Funny that "CL football" arguement only ever works against us.

Even if its Chelsea we might not be able to compete with wages. Much more comes into it than CL football.

Just now, STM said:

If us and Liverpool want Maddison, for arguement sake, and we have CL football, do you seriously think he's choosing us over Liverpool?

Funny that "CL football" arguement only ever works against us.

Even if its Chelsea we might not be able to compete with wages. Much more comes into it than CL football.

It works against us currently because we haven’t had it for years whereas the established sides are in it season after season. It’s going to take a few years of consistently qualifying for players to even consider us in the same breath as Liverpool and Chelsea.

Whilst I think CL football opens a few extra doors - you see teams like Villa etc consistently linked with some really big names. The Prem is so cash rich at the moment from top to bottom league position matters much less to the the players and selling club.

Isak and Botman choosing us at the start of the season when our ambitions then were to try and finish 7th.

6 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

He isn't a scout so, unless there's something I'm missing, it's easy to put two and two together and get negotiating for Maddison. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He isn't a scout so, unless there's something I'm missing, it's easy to put two and two together and get negotiating for Maddison. 

Aye, though I think realistically if that was the case he'd be trying to keep a low profile. 

He went to watch Botman for the u21s before we signed him. Not sure he just might like to have a final look before he approves going for a player. Just guessing but I imagine since he's basically the guy that brings everything together he likes to have some input if it's a hefty chunk of change we're parting with.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

He went to watch Botman for the u21s before we signed him. Not sure he just might like to have a final look before he approves going for a player. Just guessing but I imagine since he's basically the guy that brings everything together he likes to have some input if it's a hefty chunk of change we're parting with.

Well that's the Maddison/Barnes moves off then after that display.

Arsenal have been given the green light to sign both Rice AND Caceido according to an article in the Times today. They'll fund it by selling Xhaka, Smith Rowe, Holding and Balogun apparently.

I mean that's just being greedy tbh, but realistically they'll probably be after one of those two, think this is just journalistic license saying they want both.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Arsenal have been given the green light to sign both Rice AND Caceido according to an article in the Times today. They'll fund it by selling Xhaka, Smith Rowe, Holding and Balogun apparently.

I mean that's just being greedy tbh, but realistically they'll probably be after one of those two, think this is just journalistic license saying they want both.

Be surprised if they signed both given they have Party as well? That would cost fortunes and both similar players surely 

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Be surprised if they signed both given they have Party as well? That would cost fortunes and both similar players surely 

Yeah I think it's clickbait stuff tbh, if they don't land Rice, they would probably have Caicedo as the back up midfielder.

19 hours ago, KaKa said:

Word is that it's actually Matt O'Riley we've been following at Celtic, and have been for a while, as another option as a right side number 8.

Longstaff has been out in that position lately and we've missed him a fair bit. O'Riley is particularly intriguing because he is left footed.

O'Riley has the athleticism, size and defensive intensity Howe prefers for his setup. Hatate is smaller and not as good defensively.

image.thumb.png.5f273a5a914ce9ff4fd42e36d9082fd6.png

O'Riley is a very good player although his downfall is his passing. In recent weeks it's been shocking, was kept out the side for a while there aswell never really mounted any real challenge to get back into the team.

Appreciate people are just speculating and spitballing a bit, but we’re not signing players that are currently on £350k p/w. 

Not now, not next year, even potentially not ever.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Smith Rowe could be interesting