Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, toon25 said:

Will we release Fraser, do you reckon?

What will likely happen with the likes of Hendrick, Clark and Hayden?

Clark is out of contract. 

The other two I'd imagine another subsidised loan or paid off. Hayden had an agreed fee based on promotion. His injury problems perhaps make it unlikely they will buy for the agreed fee I reckon 

3 hours ago, LV said:

Some folk are getting a little overexcited :lol:

They definitely are. I come into this thread for the first time today and there's talk of signing nine players. :lol:

44 minutes ago, jack j said:

Be Surprised if we've got anyone in before we play Rangers in mid July. Think we will be playing the waiting game again. They've already shown we won't be bent over for £££ that's not gonna change

We did most of our business before pre season last year. This summer will be the same imo.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

They definitely are. I come into this thread for the first time today and there's talk of signing nine players. :lol:

Yeah, that’s not happening :lol:

22 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will we release Fraser, do you reckon?

What will likely happen with the likes of Hendrick, Clark and Hayden?

Along with these 4 I can’t see that many leaving. Maybe Manquillo now that Kraft is practically fit and we signed Ashby. If we get a first team LB then possibly a loan for Lewis.

The GK positions depend on Dubravka. If he gives the nod he’ll stay for the season then it’s just a case of releasing Karius and letting Darlow join Hull. Gillespie will happily sit as 3rd choice. However if Dubravka wants out I wouldn’t rule out a move for Forster for a year.

As for first team additions I think we will get two in £40-65m bracket. Don’t think there will be a 3rd unless it’s around £20-30m at a push. Have a funny feeling they’ll keep some of the budget for January.

I expect there to be 3-4 incomings then I think we will take stock in January and maybe recruit again then. We may well bomb out of the group stages of the CL. I don’t think we’re going to suddenly get the kind of squad to compete in 4 competitions this summer. 

If we take 3 signings to be the minimum, you have to think it will be a LB, CM and ideally someone who can play multiple positions as an 8/AM/RW. Another CB would probably be next on the list in terms of priority after those three. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I expect us to have European competition next calendar year. Unless the draw is very unkind, finishing bottom of the group would be a failure imo.

Aye, you look at most of teams in pot 3, and even some in pot 2, and I find it highly unlikely we will be in a group where we are the weakest side. I imagine we're the side in pot 4 everyone will want to avoid.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Chelsea are not signing Joao Felix who is returning to Spain. 

We should look at a loan with an option to buy.

Few issues. 

he’s very expensive

he doesn’t really press

i mean he’s really expensive. 

As has been said, Felix’s wages would put him outside of what’s realistic for us at the minute.

Pretty mad when you consider what that loan cost Chelsea for pretty much zero return or team improvement (even if I thought that individually Felix looked good the times I watched them).

They’ve just written off somewhere in the region of £15m like it was nothing.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Along with these 4 I can’t see that many leaving. Maybe Manquillo now that Kraft is practically fit and we signed Ashby. If we get a first team LB then possibly a loan for Lewis.

The GK positions depend on Dubravka. If he gives the nod he’ll stay for the season then it’s just a case of releasing Karius and letting Darlow join Hull. Gillespie will happily sit as 3rd choice. However if Dubravka wants out I wouldn’t rule out a move for Forster for a year.

As for first team additions I think we will get two in £40-65m bracket. Don’t think there will be a 3rd unless it’s around £20-30m at a push. Have a funny feeling they’ll keep some of the budget for January.

I don't think we'll keep Gillespie as third choice. Howe doesn't trust him enough to be that high in the pecking order IMO. He's out of contract this summer + he is not club HG.