Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Don’t really get either of those moves for Spurs. They should be focused on finalising a deal for Raya and then sorting out that woeful defense. 

The source is The Sun to be fair. 

Hoping for 5 first team additions. As already mentioned in the press, a RCB, LB, DM another attacking wide/central mid and a versatile forward. 

Expect we will get 3 or maybe 4. 

I do expect an influx in the youth/reserves on top of that. That said this will be the 3rd if not 4th window I expected that. They are keeping it steady.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Fuck absolutely anyone choosing Spurs over us atm, like. 

Good way to seperate the genuine players from the wasters tbh, if they choose them over us, then that's where they should be. But let's not kid ourselves, Spurs have been part of the big six for a lot longer than us in recent years, in some players minds they will still be seen as a big club. You would think British players especially would prefer Newcastle now though.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

Spurs have been a shambles towards the back end of the season, but until the point Conte decided to tell everyone they were shit, they were bang in with a shout of Top 4.

Obviously until they get the managerial situation sorted there’s a big question mark against them, but a good appointment, a couple of good signings, and it’s not that difficult to imagine they’d be back in the mix.

We’ve certainly stolen a march on them in some aspects this season, but it’s hardly like we’ve streaked away from them and can’t be caught in the foreseeable.

Edited by SteV

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

Spurs have been a shambles towards the back end of the season, but until the point Conte decided to tell everyone they were shit, they bang in with a shout of Top 4.

Obviously until they get the managerial situation sorted there’s a big question mark against them, but a good appointment, a couple of good signings, and it’s not that difficult to imagine they’d be back in the mix.

We’ve certainly stolen a march on them in some aspects this season, but it’s hardly like we’ve streaked away from them and can’t be caught in the foreseeable.

While true on the surface they got 30 goals from a soon-to-be 30 year old who didn't miss a league match and played all but 15 minutes of the season (which is outrageous btw). They got another 10 goals and 6 assists from a soon-to-be 31 year old. 59% of their goals came from these two players. 

I think in general people on here downplay the London pull too much, they have a great new stadium, significant revenue, but they really are at a crossroads.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

While true on the surface they got 30 goals from a soon-to-be 30 year old who didn't miss a league match and played all but 15 minutes of the season (which is outrageous btw). They got another 10 goals and 6 assists from a soon-to-be 31 year old. 59% of their goals came from these two players. 

I think in general people on here downplay the London pull too much, they have a great new stadium, significant revenue, but they really are at a crossroads.

Yes, obviously how the Kane situation plays out will be hugely significant for them.

If he does leave, they really have to do a good job reinvesting whatever fee they get for him, otherwise it could end up being a struggle, at least in the short-term.

If we do want him we'll make an offer too, if he picks higher wages and no champions league then oh well we will move on. Before if we missed on a target I assumed "at least we tried" now I know we'll get someone else, plenty of fish in the sea and our rivals are going to sign some very good players unfortunately

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

That’s annoying. Looks like a really good player.

Him and Mac Allister would be 2 cracking signings. I do expect Liverpool to be the closest challenges to Man City next season.