Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, JP said:

I think we'll go big on the creative mid as well.

Then probably look for the value in CB and LB. 

Not sure we need a backup forward this window?

I just mentioned the backup forward because it's been mentioned in all the relevant articles - that we want someone who can play across the front three as cover. 

Wilson and/or Isak will get a longer term injury at some point in the season so we really need some backup. A young pacey striker like Brennan Johnson would be ideal although expensive

5 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Will we make our first proper summer signing this side of 1000 pages and a fresh rumours page?

To be fair I think we need to rename it the Mctominay years, so I know never to ever go back in and read it! 

Don't need to do that these days do we?

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Here's Tonali (green) vs. Bruno G (blue). Tonali as a double pivot mid in a 4231 and Bruno as Bruno in our 4-3-3.

sandrobruno.jpg.0bc24ebe4e6d9e6cebdc091b28075299.jpg

(I'd take Maddison in a heartbeat. I see no risk at all, just pettiness over the fee)

They definitely look similar to the extent that they can cover for each other. Then look at Longstaff vs Tonali as well, he's pretty much a like-for-like upgrade on the same profile of player. Based on the stats anyway. 

image.png.edbb4ebb18e64a2f0467b5626cc1c1b4.png

6 hours ago, Ikon said:

I personally prefer Szoboszlai because he is much younger, more athletic and physical. jM is obviously proven in this league and probably a safer bet, but I’m certain that DS is too talented to not succeed and probably has a higher ceiling potentially. Plus I want us to bring in “our own” stars instead of buying ready made proven PL players. Not that DS is unknown really but there’s a nice feeling when you sign a player like Bruno for example who comes in and grows with the club and others are like “where did they find this guy, or get him”. The more unknown is sometimes more exciting somehow.

I would be very happy with Maddison too, no doubt. I think DS is our number one priority though.

I’m the same with bring in our own stars feeling and let them grow with the club.

Dom is a bonafide star in the making. There’s no shiny new thing about him re: our fans wanting him. His stats and eye test back it up. He’s also used to playing a high octane pressing system and is versatile. 

Might be rose tainted glasses but I do think our way of building slowly with the right players is far better then the Chelsea chaos of buying anyone who was available without a long term plan in place

Not to say it wouldn't work if they had a strong manager but shows that you can't just chuck money at it and expect it to work instantly 

2 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Genuine question - do people read tweets from the likes of “Newcastle World” and “Footy Insider 24/7” and assume they have any grounding in reality?

No, always a let down to see that as the source. 'Caught offside' another

4 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Genuine question - do people read tweets from the likes of “Newcastle World” and “Footy Insider 24/7” and assume they have any grounding in reality?

People yes.  They even message talksport asking about it.  Personally no.

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Either him or Guler has to come off

Milan looking to replace Tonali with Guler according to the Loaded Mags channel. Not sure where they got that from but might explain why they are prepared to sell Tonali.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Milan looking to replace Tonali with Guler according to the Loaded Mags channel. Not sure where they got that from but might explain why they are prepared to sell Tonali.

Completely different players 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Milanworld had them going for Malinkovic-Savic and Frattesi with Guler being looked at but not as a replacement. They also said Gulers parents were meeting Fener's owners with the possibility of another season there.

Edited by madras

30 minutes ago, madras said:

Milanworld had them going for Malinkovic-Savic and Frattesi with Guler being looked at but not as a replacement. They also said Gulers parents were meeting Fener's owners with the possibility of another season there.

Yeah Savic was also mentioned. Probably how they are looking at it, use the money from Tonali to fund a couple of buys which might make them better in a couple of positions rather than one out and out replacement.