Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

21 hours ago, Rich said:

Any thoughts on the Goncalo Ramos situation from the Benfica lads yet?

@Bruno@TenkoDaLuz

Gonçalo is our main striker. Last year he played as an offensive mid/third midfielder and Darwin was our main attacking threat. After Darwin's departure Gonçalo finally started playing as a striker (his best role).

He started this season very well and fits Roger Schmidt's system (an high pressing 4-2-3-1). He is a  hard worker and good finisher. Has the potential to be the striker of our NT in the near future.

We have some other decent strikers so Benfica may be willing to sell. I would not. I believe price would be around 40M€+.

Just now, Bruno said:

Gonçalo is our main striker. Last year he played as an offensive mid/third midfielder and Darwin was our main attacking threat. After Darwin's departure Gonçalo finally started playing as a striker (his best role).

He started this season very well and fits Roger Schmidt's system (an high pressing 4-2-3-1). He is a  hard worker and good finisher. Has the potential to be the striker of our NT in the near future.

We have some other decent strikers so Benfica may be willing to sell. I would not. I believe price would be around 40M€+.

Thank you, it does seem like you have an embarrassment of riches in attack. Do you think you will at least hold him until after the qualifiers are done, if indeed you sell at all?

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thank you, it does seem like you have an embarrassment of riches in attack. Do you think you will at least hold him until after the qualifiers are done, if indeed you sell at all?

That is correct. Unless you say "100M€ and you have to accept within 48h" we will not sell before the CL playoff against Dynamo Kiev. After that I believe there is some chance Benfica sells.

40 minutes ago, Bruno said:

40M€+?  Ok that's took a bit of steam out of the transfer frenzy. :lol:

I was thinking it was going to be around €25m for some reason, I don't know where I got that figure from.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

40M€+?  Ok that's took a bit of steam out of the transfer frenzy. :lol:

I was thinking it was going to be around €25m for some reason, I don't know where I got that figure from.

The journo breaking the story said around €30m i think.