Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

There's an article about Darren Eales in The Athletic today that I think is worth reading. It's not directly about our transfer activity, but it reminded me how methodical and focused on long-term, sustainable success the new regime is, and how it's building from what's basically an empty husk. Sort of puts this window in perspective.

That was excellent.

1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

There's an article about Darren Eales in The Athletic today that I think is worth reading. It's not directly about our transfer activity, but it reminded me how methodical and focused on long-term, sustainable success the new regime is, and how it's building from what's basically an empty husk. Sort of puts this window in perspective.

Great read that. Thanks for posting!

I’m hoping the strategy the NUFC heads are using is the Ali Rope a dope. After some early promise, take a pounding throughout the window, and with that saved up energy (cash plus fake bids of those they’re not interested in), they can go on a flurry in the last few days of the transfer window getting their first choice targets at less than expected as teams don’t see them coming, become desperate and time is ticking. And we end August the newwwwwww transfer window champions of the woooooorldddd

something like that anyway 

Didn’t realise Pulisic was only 23 still massive room for further improvement. Get him on loan and Pedro for 30 million and we’d be well covered across the front 3. Not a perfect or glamorous summer with 50 million + signings, but I think it would look shrewd and leave us well positioned to grow with each window.

Everything looks planned and I think they’re doing it the right way so we can all enjoy a slow and steady growth, without becoming spoilt brats overnight. In the long term the club grows slowly on solid ground and we’ll appreciate it all the more when our time comes.

Provided we get 2 (hopefully 3, sod it lets be greedy and saw 4 for fun) in by window close I am not too bothered who they are. I trust the transfer team and those running the club and more so I trust Howe and co. to get the best out of the players that come in. 

The slow build is real but we have kept our cards so close to our chest we need open heart surgery to locate them. The surgeons are just preparing. 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I’m not even expecting any new signings anytime soon. Would be nice though….

Fucking Newcastle fans man, think they're going to win the league.

Deluded embarrassments.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Probably more one for the Twitter BS thread.

Imagine getting that close. Be like Michelle Keegan giving you the come to bed eyes, but she asks you to put the bins out before coming up to bed and you just sit there in the living room by yourself for the rest of the night thinking about how its not even bin day.