Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

For the real football geeks on here how does Alvarez compare in ability to Haidara and this Kone who we’re linked with ? I’d never heard of him which means nowt, but read that Van Basten once said he was to slow. From brief YouTube footage seems to get his foot in and has a decent dig on him, but wouldn’t say I was blown away in comparison to clips of the other 2 I’ve seen.

23 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

For the real football geeks on here how does Alvarez compare in ability to Haidara and this Kone who we’re linked with ? I’d never heard of him which means nowt, but read that Van Basten once said he was to slow. From brief YouTube footage seems to get his foot in and has a decent dig on him, but wouldn’t say I was blown away in comparison to clips of the other 2 I’ve seen.

You can clearly tell that he used to be a centre back from watching him briefly. Below average ball control and distribution.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Shak said:

It would be an honour to see myself in his shit.

Dorty filth!

Edited by HTT II

15 minutes ago, Mansour said:

You can clearly tell that he used to be a centre back from watching him briefly. Below average ball control and distribution.

Doesn’t sound great for the money being bandied about. However, they’ve obviously seen something in him to think he’ll strengthen the midfield.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Alvarez is your typical defensive midfielder - literally sits in front of the back 4 - really neat with his passes 

Haidara is more athletic - more of a box to box - good on the ball

The one that impresses me the most is Kone - big, athletic, skilful and his passing is a lot quicker - prefer my defensive midfielder to pass the ball quicker which he does - plus at 20 he’s amazing 

44 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

So where does he fit in?

He sits deep and allows Joelinton and Bruno to push up i assume?

Exactly that. Allows Bruno to operate in oppositions halves more often and provides a good passing range on top of defensive cover. Good in the air too.

Would be absolutely delighted with him and I'd probably implode if we got Pulisic on loan on top of Alvarez. Likewise if we got Maddison instead of Alvarez but I just can't see Leicester selling.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Exactly that. Allows Bruno to operate in oppositions halves more often and provides a good passing range on top of defensive cover. Good in the air too.

Would be absolutely delighted with him and I'd probably implode if we got Pulisic on loan on top of Alvarez. Likewise if we got Maddison instead of Alvarez but I just can't see Leicester selling.

Unless we are really paying over the odds and Ajax can't refuse I don't see why they sell. They are pocketing 80m for Antony. If they don't want to lose him then it's a non starter.

We won't however likely be coming in for the first time fresh with Alvarez, if it's true. We will have been talking to club and player for a while.

It's fun to speculate but at the end of the day it's most likely that any deal or deals will emerge, mostly fully formed, out of nowhere. Just like the Isak deal did. Had been in the works for a while and then was rekindled in 48 hours without any media reporting. Pretty exciting, honestly.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

As good as Maddison is, you could have him in the side today instead of Longstaff or Willock and the result of the game may not have been any different.

Alvarez makes us stronger though, their goal probably doesn’t happen and we just have more overall control. It unleashes Joelinton who might have less of the dirty work to do and get more into the link up play. Bruno we know can do it all but he also doesn’t have to quite so much of the dirty work so way more structure and control in being creative.

24 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

As good as Maddison is, you could have him in the side today instead of Longstaff or Willock and the result of the game may not have been any different.

Alvarez makes us stronger though, their goal probably doesn’t happen and we just have more overall control. It unleashes Joelinton who might have less of the dirty work to do and get more into the link up play. Bruno we know can do it all but he also doesn’t have to quite so much of the dirty work so way more structure and control in being creative.

Maddison instead of Willock or Longstaff probably makes no difference but Alvarez playing probably stops their goal ? What's this based on  ?

Any way, as much as a few of you want a designated DM to allow Bruno to go further forward, I think Brunos most important role for us is that transition from defence forward, they can play it to him and we don't panic on losing it and he finds our players, often in great positions.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Maddison instead of Willock or Longstaff probably makes no difference but Alvarez playing probably stops their goal ? What's this based on  ?

Any way, as much as a few of you want a designated DM to allow Bruno to go further forward, I think Brunos most important role for us is that transition from defence forward, they can play it to him and we don't panic on losing it and he finds our players, often in great positions.

Well Willock didn’t close down properly and started from bad positioning to begin with, so there’s that. An excellent DM will have snuffed out that chance much earlier.

The few games we’ve played this season so far have made mention to missing Shelvey, well Alvarez is a massive upgrade on Shelvey, he does all of it and a lot better too.

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Well Willock didn’t close down properly and started from bad positioning to begin with, so there’s that. An excellent DM will have snuffed out that chance much earlier.

The few games we’ve played this season so far have made mention to missing Shelvey, well Alvarez is a massive upgrade on Shelvey, he does all of it and a lot better too.

Willock didn't close down so Alvarez would have been there to do it ? Righto.

As for Shelvey some have made that point, I've disagreed, Shelvey is Brunos back up.

43 minutes ago, Pata said:

How would you even know if Alvarez was on the same spot as Willock? Pointless speculation and Willock was unlucky it didn't hit him.

Think Willock is a little powder puff in the challenge, generally. Trippier gave him a bollocking later on in the game for pulling out of a 50/50 that nearly cost us.