Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I'm not going to ask, just assume they've forgotten about his injury.

Not at all. Just don’t bestow the term great on players freely. I’m sure some think he’s “world class” which is such a nonsense phrase 🙂

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not at all. Just don’t bestow the term great on players freely. I’m sure some think he’s “world class” which is such a nonsense phrase 🙂

well hes one of the best midfielders in the best league in the world..

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I think world class is a useful phrase. I’d say it accounts for a player who’s so good that they’d improve or fit into any team in the world and a player who’s proven their consistency over a few seasons 

15 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

well hes one of the best midfielders in the best league in the world..

I agree that’s why I think he’s very good instead of good or average or poor.

Bruno is great and that's been shown by how vitally important he is for us. Our record without him starting in all competitions is P10 W1 D5 L4. 0.66pts per game if solely league matches. With him starting in all competitions is P33 W23 D9 L4. 2.13 points per game if solely league matches. We have not won a league game in which he hasn't started. That 1 win in any competition in which he didn't start was Tranmere (a). 

I love Joe Willock to bits and he has had a great season and will only get better, Longstaff has been vital to us this season and Joelinton is fantastic at what he does, but for him to dominate more matches more often especially away from home against good sides he needs at least 1 better midfield partner. He's fantastic but he can't do it all by himself. No one can.

24 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Great is not exactly a term for the cream of the crop though, Yes he's not like a Modric level midfielder (yet), but he's right up there.

Think great describes him perfectly.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Great is not exactly a term for the cream of the crop though, Yes he's not like a Modric level midfielder (yet), but he's right up there.

Think great describes him perfectly.

Exactly - he is great but he’s not the creme de la monfe of the midfielders just yet.

The lack of any credible links is already annoying me 😂, this will be torture until the first one is confirmed.

Edited by SAK

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Chill. Bruno is very good but not great. He’ll be here for the journey a while yet.

Bruno isn't only great he's very special in his vision, range of passing and passion for the game. I dont know many CM I would rank above him based on this seasons performance De Bruyne aside. 

To answer the previous point made here..it wont be a matter of the bid and the money being good for us, it will ultimately come down to Bruno and his wife and what he wants to do. We can match wages at this point. We can turn down big transfer offers for players who are invested in the club and want to be here. He's the heartbeat of our team.

I'd be gutted if we lost Bruno so soon. I was just watching his introductory press conference (and Howe's) and I think he's someone to build around. We dont need the money. If he wants to go thats fine but I really doubt Madrid want him more than we do. I also really doubt he wants to be at Madrid more than he wants to be here.

Edited by Sufi

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Wonder if we'll target Neves following Wolves' financial crisis being revealed

Hope not unless we are selling Bruno and he's the replacement. He's slower than Bruno and just as shit a tackler on occasions.

Its a really good time to scavenge off other clubs who have fallen on hard times. Its been done to us countless times. I'm curious to see if we go in for the Lavia/Ward-Prowse/Maddison/Neves caliber players. It would be poetic justice.

13 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Hope not unless we are selling Bruno and he's the replacement. He's slower than Bruno and just as shit a tackler on occasions.

If we were selling Bruno I would expect us to aim higher. If he was relatively cheap would be an absolutely fine squad option

I'd love Paqueta but it feels impossible. If we could ever clone Bruno...it would be Paqueta. Hes fucking incredible. Always right in the thick of things, extremely talented and also hes a close friend of Bruno. Lets get it done. Whats the most you would be fine with paying for Paqueta? Im cool with 40-50m. Much prefer him to Maddison 

2 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I'd love Paqueta but it feels impossible. If we could ever clone Bruno...it would be Paqueta. Hes fucking incredible. Always right in the thick of things, extremely talented and also hes a close friend of Bruno. Lets get it done. Whats the most you would be fine with paying for Paqueta? Im cool with 40-50m. Much prefer him to Maddison 

I think I see a problem here.

3 minutes ago, Sufi said:

When that transfer happened my first thought was that's an odd move for him.

This guy is a starter for Brazil let's not forget, so surely he can't be overly happy with his choice so far. Other than the final they've some how found themselves, it's been a shocking season for them.

He must be watching Bruno with a tiny bit of jealousy. I don't see him staying at West Ham for very long, more of a shop window for him. Don't think we go for him though tbh.

12 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Let’s get it done. Whats the most you would be fine with paying for Paqueta? Im cool with 40-50m. Much prefer him to Maddison 

West Ham bought him for £51m and he’s under contract until 2027 with another years option. I think you’d have to pay significantly more now.