Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I would really like Gallagher but these links to midfielders all seem to suggest that Howe sees Bruno as a number 6 rather than the number 8 role he thrived in last year, either that or a formation change. 

You wouldn’t really know what he’s got planned, I think to a degree if we try the same thing against certain teams this season there won’t be that element of surprise as they know what we bring now.

Now if we’re able to adapt and play 2 or 3 systems really well, we could still give every team something to think about which is the ideal.

15 minutes ago, KDT said:

Willock would be able to do a job on the right of a front 3 (as in the later part of last season) if we had another CM/Shelvey was fit.

I think he could come on in any of the 3 AM positions and change a game. Think he's also useful for CM if we need to defend with a counter attack opportunity.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Willock's time will come. Just doesn't seem quite ready to be a consistent goal threat from that position week in and week out. 

Despite looking exactly like that when on loan, and the reason we signed him. Another example of Bruce seeking the easy way out. I still say Willock benefitted from Bruces lack of a plan as it gave him the freedom to express himself. I don't think he expressed much, but what he did do was learn how to play with Maxi. How to exploit the openings his hard work would create. He's just not doing it with Bruno. Like I say he needs to assert himself again.

Man City could be his opportunity to shine, no room for casual observers this weekend.

9 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I would really like Gallagher but these links to midfielders all seem to suggest that Howe sees Bruno as a number 6 rather than the number 8 role he thrived in last year, either that or a formation change. 

To be  honest he played both he 8 and the 6 last year and thrived in both spots.

I agree with you that with Gallagher it would point towards him playing more of a 6.

I think Joe does a great job on the left helping to cover out wide for ASM as well as protect the full back, and adding similar on the right hand side, particularly to help support Trippier defensively would be good.

Because both Joe and Gallagher are very workman like it would also allow Bruno a bit of freedom in that 6 position, as those two would have his back.

11 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Despite looking exactly like that when on loan, and the reason we signed him. Another example of Bruce seeking the easy way out. I still say Willock benefitted from Bruces lack of a plan as it gave him the freedom to express himself. I don't think he expressed much, but what he did do was learn how to play with Maxi. How to exploit the openings his hard work would create. He's just not doing it with Bruno. Like I say he needs to assert himself again.

Man City could be his opportunity to shine, no room for casual observers this weekend.

Yeah, so I agree with that. It's a similarish thing to ASM.

They both benefited from Bruce's lack of a plan, but now have to figure out how do provide the best of what they did previously within a more team oriented structure.

It's kind of annoying to me, while part of me sees ASM as one of what should be truly top class players that would be good to build around, I think you're spot on. It certainly seems that he's more tuned to being the sort of player who does better as a bigger fish in a small pond who's allowed to drift in and out of games under his own plan rather than working as a team player within a structured plan. It then comes down to whether he goes somewhere else with less of a plan, where he might do better and potentially look like we shouldn't have sold him... or we let him go and bring in players who have more of an ability to fit and evolve as part of a bigger team. Really difficult decision.

15 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

I dunno where to post this but I guess here is relevant

Chappers whoring himself to every media he can by the looks lf it. Decent watch and I understand the point they're trying to get across regards long process etc even if it does feel we're being too conservative

Edited by Pokerprince2004

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Chappers whoring himself to every media he can by the looks lf it. Decent watch and I understand the point they're trying to get across regards long process etc even if it does feel we're being to conservative

Jeez mate don't say that on here... have ya legs ?

I can't see anyone coming until the last few days of the window when clubs and agents get desperate, I feel we are in strong position and another week or so could save us a fair bit cash 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d definitely have Pulisic over Gallagher short-term but if it was a case of Pulisic staying for a season and Gallagher staying with an option to buy, I’d probably say Gallagher 

Having had a closer look at Pedro, I have a feeling we might be going for Gallagher ahead of Pulisic. Pedro was featuring wide right in quite a lot of those video highlights. Also it seems Pulisic is a bit of a prick who'd prefer to go to Old Trafford.

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If we get Pedro for 25m then loan pulisic and buy Gallagher for the 35 rising to 40 they want.

I'd be happy with CHO too but Pulisic is next level and less broken.

We don’t have £60m

its more likely to be Pedro and Pulisic or Gallagher on loan 

Edited by gdm

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We bid around £45 million for Maddison. It's all about how we structure them.

Did we? Certain journalists (hope in particular) insists we only went as high as £40m then sky back tracked on their reported price too iirc 

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

We don’t have £60m

its more likely to be Pedro and Pulisic or Gallagher on loan 

I believe we have as much as an individual deal requires. At the moment we need to level up to stature of a club that spends £40-60m on a marquee player. In the next 5 or so years though the sky will be the limit. We didn’t just find the £50m for Bruno down the back of the sofa did we? The chance was there to sign an immense player for what still is a reasonable fee given his talent and potential l - so we did. I think it’ll be the same for any other player Howe and the DoF deem “necessary”. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Did we? Certain journalists (hope in particular) insists we only went as high as £40m then sky back tracked on their reported price too iirc 

Romano and Sky (not the local lads) were reporting £45 million with add-ons.  It seemed to vary as to whether they were reporting from the Newcastle or the Leicester end.

A lot of them did say the up front payment wasn't large enough for Leicester's liking though.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Romano and Sky (not the local lads) were reporting £45 million with add-ons.  It seemed to vary as to whether they were reporting from the Newcastle or the Leicester end.

A lot of them did say the up front payment wasn't large enough for Leicester's liking though.

Sky backtracked and said it wasn’t as high as £45m 

regardless been round in circles about the budget. It doesn’t seem  far off £40m what ever it is 

Edited by gdm