Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, Elephant said:

It’s weird that we are not going for Memphis Depay. He would be free and can play in many positions. He’s obviously not cheap, but no transfer fee needed. Juventus might not go for him after all so he is at the moment still available and desperate on getting transfer.

The Sun (I know) says he wants Juve and if they don’t move for him, then Spurs. We’re interested though.  https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19575165/depay-tottenham-newcastle-barcelona-juventus-transfer/amp/

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Things are heating up and we’re spinning plates? Sounds like we might be getting a new industrial dish washer in at St. James’ before the window’s over. 

About time we replaced the dish washing equipment installed by Ashley:

4C066BF3-F307-460F-8406-B36BBE4D79AE.jpeg

Not to sound like a spoilt brat, but this window has been absolutely exasperating like. I am genuinely worried that we're being stubborn in the extreme and relying a little too much on things 'falling' for us in the week that is left.

Just now, Lazarus said:

Did that Sesko kid get a move somewhere?

Oh and of all the Everton signings Everton have made over the last couple of yeasrs, Miggy would be the most Everton of the lot. :lol:

Contract with the other Red Bull team starting from 23/24 wasn’t it?

You get the feeling Sunday's match + result + Eales starting yesterday + Yasir at the match + and the final days of the transfer window will all hopefully lead to some progress in the transfer market to improve the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

You get the feeling Sunday's match + result + Eales starting yesterday + Yasir at the match + and the final days of the transfer window will all hopefully lead to some progress in the transfer market to improve the squad. 

Don’t think Eales or Yasir being there impacts it at all tbh.

7 hours ago, Krabbe2 said:

Good old Jan Åge Fjørtoft who is interviewing. He will probably be seen a lot in PL going forward as Viaplay has rights in the Nordics.

Shiiiit. So it is.  I still see him aeroplaning in a Swindon shirt. Years flying by.

Thought he was a good hand as a player.

Edited by Wolfcastle

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I just hope they sat him down after the match and explained how close we actually are to cracking it. Won't get a better moment to convince him to push it as far as possible. And I STILL maintain we should just sign the players now and discuss FFP if/when we get pulled up about it. Other clubs seem to be able to negotiate and explain their finances and avoid punishment, we should give that a go. 

7 minutes ago, midds said:

I just hope they sat him down after the match and explained how close we actually are to cracking it. Won't get a better moment to convince him to push it as far as possible. And I STILL maintain we should just sign the players now and discuss FFP if/when we get pulled up about it. Other clubs seem to be able to negotiate and explain their finances and avoid punishment, we should give that a go. 

This has been said loads of times - ffp is different now, I’m sure they have some good accountants at Newcastle now who have a plan.  We just have to believe, no matter how frustrating it is.

30 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Not to sound like a spoilt brat, but this window has been absolutely exasperating like. I am genuinely worried that we're being stubborn in the extreme and relying a little too much on things 'falling' for us in the week that is left.

It's a fine balance but I've got to admit that I'm not very keen on quibbling about how a £5m add-on is paid for Pedro, as an example, if that's genuinely the hold up there. Hardly going to massively impact our FFP down the line and you've already admitted that you value the player at that amount to a large degree.

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

This has been said loads of times - ffp is different now, I’m sure they have some good accountants at Newcastle now who have a plan.  We just have to believe, no matter how frustrating it is.

FFP is weaker now than at any point since its introduction. There will be a new rules regime in 2025 but our commercial operation should be unrecognisable by then. 

Guest HTT II

I’ve been critical of Miggy and ideally we’d get an upgrade, but I wouldn’t want us selling him, he’s just lush!

FFP is now pretty much purely about wages to income isn’t it? Allowed 90% this year, reducing to 70% in three years time? I’m sure there are other caveats but can’t be arsed Googling right now. Staveley has previously stated our wage to income was already too high when they bought the club (85% or similar?) and it needed reducing (by increased sponsorship etc which hasn’t happened yet). 

16 minutes ago, Manxst said:

FFP is now pretty much purely about wages to income isn’t it? Allowed 90% this year, reducing to 70% in three years time? I’m sure there are other caveats but can’t be arsed Googling right now. Staveley has previously stated our wage to income was already too high when they bought the club (85% or similar?) and it needed reducing (by increased sponsorship etc which hasn’t happened yet). 

That's only UEFA FFP, not PL.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Im kinda in the “fuck em” camp too. Go big now, fudge the figures and worry about it in 5 years time which seems to be the amount of time it takes the powers that be to get their act together and start trying to sanction. Even then it seems you can take em to court and win. City seem to do very well out of it anyway.

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'd be reluctant to lose Miggy as if we get a replacement he's the first attacker off the bench currently. Would be more more in favour of upgrading him and moving him down the order rather than letting him go.

This. We need to be building a squad not just replacing players 1 for 1. Our bench as it currently stands is tragic. 

We have very few players who are both a) expendable and b) worth something. Almiron is one of them and Lascelles, Dubravka and Fraser are the only other ones off the top of my head. I'd sell any/all of them to fund players to bulk the squad out with potential tbh. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

This. We need to be building a squad not just replacing players 1 for 1. Our bench as it currently stands is tragic. 

It’s going to be class when Wood and Murphy aren’t the prime options to come on up front and out wide.