Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think we should react like Brighton did when we got Burn and Ashworth. We should basically let him go and not resent him going, but like Ashworth in particular, we should not be a pushover. They should have to pay the going rate.

I don't rate Darlow, but I bet he will have improved somewhat with our new coaches and not that can't-be-arsed idiot we had before.

I don't blame Dubs for wanting to go but I'm disappointed. Not because he seemingly doesn't want to fight for his place, but because he'd rather sit on a bench at Manure. If he chose to go at a club for first team football and play regularly I can understand. 

8 hours ago, et tu brute said:

They need to pay the money then to release him. Like fuck do we just let him go on loan for nothing especially after the way they went on in January. 

Oh yeah, I agree. We can’t just let him go for nowt, especially as it’s them. 

2 hours ago, mikejaxer said:

I don't blame Dubs for wanting to go but I'm disappointed. Not because he seemingly doesn't want to fight for his place, but because he'd rather sit on a bench at Manure. If he chose to go at a club for first team football and play regularly I can understand. 

Its a chance at playing in Europe though isn’t it. It’s not just to sit on their bench, although I’m sure his wages would improve. 

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

I think we should react like Brighton did when we got Burn and Ashworth. We should basically let him go and not resent him going, but like Ashworth in particular, we should not be a pushover. They should have to pay the going rate.

I don't rate Darlow, but I bet he will have improved somewhat with our new coaches and not that can't-be-arsed idiot we had before.

I'm one of those who thinks Darlow is not a bad no 2 by any means. Always felt he would make a decent no 1 keeper for a championship team and am somewhat surprised no club has took him off us. IMO he still looks better than some current premier keepers like the Bournemouth lad.

Surprised there hasn't been more interest in Fedi tbh, he's always looked top class for us whenever he's been called on. What are teams so reluctant to take him on? Does he deal drugs or something?

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Surprised there hasn't been more interest in Fedi tbh, he's always looked top class for us whenever he's been called on. What are teams so reluctant to take him on? Does he deal drugs or something?

Eh might be something to do with the fact he hasn’t kicked a football consistently for the best part of two years

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Eh might be something to do with the fact he hasn’t kicked a football consistently for the best part of two years

But he had those problems when Bruce was here, but he still did his job really well when he was actually on the pitch.

13 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

Squad numbers in binary for the digital age, I say. 

1 Martin Dubravka

10 Kieran Trippier

11 Paul Dummett

100 Sven Botman

101 Fabian Schar

110 Jamaal Lascelles

111 Joelinton

1000 Jonjo Shelvey

1001 Callum Wilson

1010 Allan Saint-Maximin

1011 Matt Ritchie

1100 Jamaal Lewis

1101 Matt Targett

1110 Alexander Isak

10001 Emil Krafth

10010 Federico Fernandes

10011 Javier Manquillo

10100 Chris Wood

10101 Ryan Fraser

10110 Nick Pope

10111 Jacob Murphy

11000 Miguel Almiron

11010 Karl Darlow

11011 Matty Longstaff

11100 Joe Willock

11101 Mark Gillespie

11111 Kell Watts

100000 Elliot Anderson

100001 Dan Burn

100100 Sean Longstaff

100111 Bruno Guimaraes

9 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Ajax are playing Utrecht tomorrow morning (11:30) so will see if he starts, they certainly won’t need to sell anyone if they offload Antony so we’ll need to up the bid by around 10m to get this done.

Unless we've agreed a fee which seems unlikely, surely he'll start?

I really really hope we follow up on our supposed interest in Manu Kone. Watched him again recently and I really do think this guy will be something very special indeed. Still so young but has absolutely everything; the fantastic technical ability of a young N’Dombele but actually possessing the insane work-rate and athleticism needed to take him to the very, very top. He’ll go on to huge things, I’ve no doubt. Massively impressed. 

Edited by McCormick

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I really really hope we follow up on our supposed interest in Manu Kone. Watched him again recently and I really do think this guy will be something very special indeed. Still so young but has absolutely everything; the fantastic technical ability of a young N’Dombele but actually possessing the insane work-rate and athleticism needed to take him to the very, very top. He’ll go on to huge things, I’ve no doubt. Massively impressed. 

Agreed 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

He's old as fuck.