Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He can't cover both though if Wilson is out. Which is the main reason we must get a wide player in for at least decent depth. ASM injury record isn't exactly great either.

Yeah we’ve got Almiron, Murphy & Fraser all to cover the right side position if Wilson is injured and Isak plays thru the middle. That’s the reality of the situation we are only in our second window and we have 4 players that can play as a right sided forward/winger. Wether the 3 others are good enough is up for debate but what isn’t is we are stacked for right sided forwards 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Stacked with shite yes. Signing Isak doesn’t solve the what “should be”priority of a wide player.  I still think we will get one, sure hope so.

They might be shite tho howe seems to rate Almiron & Fraser and Unless one of those 3 leave which looks unlikely I can’t see us bringing in another especially as our targets seems to have shifted to midfield after Shelvey’s injury 

Its only the second window we are never gonna solve it all this summer. Getting Isak is a coup and a half. 

Edited by gdm

Loans are fine the rest of the way. There are good players out there.

Spurs managed to land a superb young talent like Kulusevski on an initial 18 month loan. And his obligation fee at the end of it is only £29 million. With the loan costing £8 million.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Stacked with shite yes. Signing Isak doesn’t solve the what “should be”priority of a wide player.  I still think we will get one, sure hope so.

I think we wanted either Harrison or Diaby and when we couldn’t we decided to wait for them next summer instead of bringing in a lower quality alternative 

Just now, gdm said:

They might be shite tho howe seems to rate Almiron & Fraser and Unless one of those 3 leave which looks unlikely I can’t see us bringing in another especially as our targets seems to have shifted to midfield after Shelvey’s injury 

Despite that we have been linked with wingers for two windows now? And all the noise say that we have been looking for wide players :lol:

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fede and Ritchie could be decent loan options for Championship clubs.

That's the problem though, we can only loan people until their contracts expire because nobody is going to want to buy anyone we've got.

Fucking hell it gets worse looking historically. The last 3 players we've sold for any decent amount?

Ayoze Perez

Alexander Mitrovic

Mikel Merino

That's how shit our squad is and has been for the last 5 years or so, we've had nobody anyone wants since we had a purge after our last relegation.

Just now, Ikon said:

Despite that we have been linked with wingers for two windows now? And all the noise say that we have been looking for wide players :lol:

I'd prefer a CM now that we've bought Isak. Call me crazy, but as of right now I have more faith in Almiron and Fraser than Willock and Longstaff. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think we wanted either Harrison or Diaby and when we couldn’t we decided to wait for them next summer instead of bringing in a lower quality alternative 

Maybe. But even if we won’t get our first choice then surely we could find someone better than Murphy and Fraser, even Almiron. Even if on loan. Which I think we will.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

I'd prefer a CM now that we've bought Isak. Call me crazy, but as of right now I have more faith in Almiron and Fraser than Willock and Longstaff. 

I agree. I think we can get both, and should. Even if loans. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Maybe. But even if we won’t get our first choice then surely we could find someone better than Murphy and Fraser, even Almiron. Even if on loan. Which I think we will.

Yeh I agree I would also have gone for a stop gap on loan, I don’t expect us to get one now however. I think it will be a CM and that’s us done.

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Things change. I dare say if Shelvey hadn’t got injured we’d have went for a winger. Things notably shifted after his injury. It’s absolutely no coincidence that we pushed the boat out for Isak that Howe has even said covers both positions and will play with Wilson not instead of when fit. You seem to want it all in one window when we have a tight budget :lol:  you may think Almiron, Fraser and Murphy are shite, I may well agree but Howe and Ashworth may well disagree and think they are adequate cover. What is a fact Is we have 4 players that can play there and unless someone leaves it doesn’t make sense bringing in another 

To finish the window nicely, I would want Kone and Pedro. 

Two young players, under 21 so don't need to be registered. Highly rated, versatile too. 

Covers a lot of problem positions. Probably get both for the same price as one Lucas Paqueta. 

That would be a great deal. 

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Linked to Maitland-Niles by Alex Crook from TalkShite. Probably bullshit but would be a decent squad option.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

would anyone take Adama?

His end product is no different to Fraser's, 5 goal involvements iirc.

Juventus are apparently in a bit of a panic with not having been able to shift Rabiot and Arthur Melo.

They are trying to sign Paredes from PSG in midfield and unbelievably have considered moving Zakaria on having signed him in January, as they think they might have better luck in garnering some interest in him. Seems they are holding off on that for now, but it's been considered and looks like they can be convinced of it as time winds down. An initial loan is a possibility too as Roma have been in touch for that with them since Gini got injured.

Hope we'd be all over Zakaria. Please get Fabian Schar on to him right away please!

I would certainly hope that we bring in a 'first team' option in midfield and not just a 'squad' option. Be a massive opportunity lost if we don't imho. I can see Isak playing on the right hand side of a three forward line, so I can see the full emphasis being on the midfield slot with the time left (be great if we did get both mind). I pay no attention to the journalists reports (I think some on here pay to much attention to be honest - look at Isak coming totally out of the blue) and Howe has been playing a straight bat all Summer with regards to transfers. Only two days to find out anyway.

We don't really play with wingers so I expect we'll put Isak on the right when everyone is fit, until the next window. Considering how we typically use Trippier for width on the right, and a combination of Targett and Joelinton to stretch the pitch on the left; there'll likely be a lot of license for positional rotation between the front 3. We've seen this in patches anyway between Maxi and Almiron making runs across the pitch to help build attacks towards the opposite flank. With Isak, I reckon we'd see Wilson rotating in & our of central spots as well.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Things change. I dare say if Shelvey hadn’t got injured we’d have went for a winger. Things notably shifted after his injury. It’s absolutely no coincidence that we pushed the boat out for Isak that Howe has even said covers both positions and will play with Wilson not instead of when fit. You seem to want it all in one window when we have a tight budget :lol:  you may think Almiron, Fraser and Murphy are shite, I may well agree but Howe and Ashworth may well disagree and think they are adequate cover. What is a fact Is we have 4 players that can play there and unless someone leaves it doesn’t make sense bringing in another 

Well i still think it's a priority as much as a CM. "You seem to want it all" :lol: Stop making shit up.  I've said winger and striker and CM  since ages back. Ideally in a perfect world we need more, but i understand it can't be done this quickly.

I also think the peple in charge still want a wide player.  ASM gets injured for a month or two then i sure as hell won't want to rely on Fraser's fitness. I'd be surprised if Wilson plays as many as 20 league games.