Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

20 minutes ago, Decky said:

Who is even available to be considered extraordinary compared to what we've signed so far? You would imagine it's a position we actually need a new signing for, so a midfielder or right winger. Hopefully it isn't a silly signing based on name and reputation. Neymar or Ronaldo for example. Although I'd love to see Ronaldo in our shirt to be fair. 

I'm glad that i feel certain that it wont be a Ronaldo type.

39 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Would Maddison be extraordinary? He'd be a great signing but given the calibre of players we've signed so far - Isak, Trippier, Bruno, Botman - extraordinary would be someone in the next couple of brackets up, surely? Mind you, this is media talk

I’d say Maddison would have been a genuinely extraordinary signing pre-takeover as it never ever would have happened. Now, I’d say that it would

be a brilliant signing but not extraordinary. If you look at the clubs he could likely move to, it’s Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea or Man U. It’s not Tottenham as they have Kulusevski as he’s been forced out the side, Man U have just bought Antony and have Bruno Fernandes so he’s not going there. Chelsea have more midfielders than they could ever need but you can never rule them out wanting one more. Arsenal, is Odegaard playing a similar role to Maddison there? Playmaker across attacking midfield? If so, are they going to be after him? He doesn’t have a load of options despite his talent 

2 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I feel that the bar is low enough for Newcastle such that someone like Mudryk could be considered "extraordinary".

Extraordinary to me is someone who people would be shocked to see us sign. Someone who we'd have no business signing. Is Mudryk any more high profile than Isak and Bruno? 

12 minutes ago, Decky said:

Extraordinary to me is someone who people would be shocked to see us sign. Someone who we'd have no business signing. Is Mudryk any more high profile than Isak and Bruno? 

This exactly. Maddison would probably be brilliant, but now he can't be seen as extraordinary. Extraordinary would be taking a starter from a regular Champions League team

15 minutes ago, beardsleymagic said:

I was thinking it was meant in more extraordinary talent as opposed to extraordinary name.

Which I obviously hope is what he meant.

Like Tyrone Ballsniffer or Jeremy Fuckwit?

Edited by Holmesy

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's a sign to the likes of West Ham and Wolves. If we want your dinner, we will eat it. And a sign to the bracket above, there's another predator around.

Calm down Alan.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Mudryk might not have a huge reputation. Extraordinary could be someone who doesn’t have a massive reputation that is very good but for whatever reason hasn’t generated much hype. Similar to Haaland before Dortmund or Salzburg. That new Brighton manger said that Mudryk is the third best left winger in the world, behind Neymar and Vinicius. If he really is that good then I would say he would fit said description

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Given Nickson is supposedly heavily scouting in Brazil, wonder if the extraordinary name could be Endrick.

Can't move for a few years, too young. I guess a first refusal/deal can still be agreed though.