Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, manorpark said:

You do know that the incredible alliance of NUFC and it's new owners will (reasonably soon) break the Septic Six Cartel FOR EVER.

Our owners are very clever people, they will do what needs to be done and they ("we") will achieve what needs to be achieved.

There is definitely going to be some upset if we do end up top 4 this season. 

They weren’t expecting it that quickly and thought they could freeze us out financially. 

outside of city and Chelsea’s ridiculous spending, there probably isn’t enough money to go around outside of the cl places. 

One of them will potentially implode. 

There a small pool of players that most of the bigger clubs are looking at, it's no suprise that we are going to miss a few targets: remember Ekitike and Eriksen?

Keep our powder dry and do our work behind the scenes and we will find the players we want. We took time with Botman and got him. Other clubs snoozed on Isak  so we moved for him.

It will be no different this time. I'd be shocked if Ashworth and Co weren't already making enquiries about players we have already been linked with.

Just when we think nothing is going to happen, we will get a deal done for someone. Don't expect anything until the end of the window though, so we still have some waiting to do.

The Perrone one is annoying because the release clause is low, but perhaps we talked to him and didn't get a good vibe/he wanted City after they made their interest known. Or our plans have changed since Shelvey got injured - the noises since have been about more established players since that came out.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Shipped around various City Group clubs  then sent to Brighton, Southampton etc with a very favourable buy back clause 

I can see us possibly taking some city youths in the next year to 3/4 with that guy Paul Midgley coming in who was their head of youth recruitment. Wouldn’t be the worst idea taking the countries top prospects at ages from 16-21 just look at the likes of Romeo Lavia etc 

6 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

I can see us possibly taking some city youths in the next year to 3/4 with that guy Paul Midgley coming in who was their head of youth recruitment. Wouldn’t be the worst idea taking the countries top prospects at ages from 16-21 just look at the likes of Romeo Lavia etc 

He wasn’t their head of youth recruitment, he was a northern UK youth scout so might not have as much insider knowledge as some think

I feel like I should be excited by Tielemans links but I'm just not. I feel like Bruno brings a lot of Tielemans' strengths to the CM role, plus his own abilities, and he's also defensively much sounder. Should be going for Kone or someone similar for a midfield position.

Maddison would be class. Yeah, he's a bit of an awkward fit with our style and shape, but he's so talented. Howe would make it work. 

Taking that with a grain of salt as I honestly don't think any journo will have an inside track now Ashworth is in and will largely have a team in place. That being said, I do think either would be exciting. Obviously Maddison would be the more headline grabbing option, but I do see how Tielemans would fit. Essentially would unlock Bruno to operate higher up the pitch without having to worry about leaving holes. 

I thought Tielmans was one of Leicesters better players on boxing day. He's incredibly gifted on the ball.

I also think when you worry about "workrate", you have to consider who we have as manager. I'd bet my left bollock that Howe gets 20% more out of him.

He's basically a vastly better version of what Shelvey offers and there's a chance we get him for a severely reduced fee.

Also, really handy when we are about to step into a fixture pile up.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Tielemans is class. 

As is Maddison. But where does Maddison fit into our XI? 

This is where I am at. I would think maybe as the more outright attacking player in the midfield 3. Only issue with that would be Bruno playing as an outright number 6. Which he is great at, but he can offer so much more higher up the pitch as well.

I prefer a more dymanic player to add to Bruno. No doubting Tielemans quality on the ball, I’d just prefer a more physical player, a top quality box to box that is strong defensively that can exchange positions with Bruno at times when going forward. One that is great in general play and technically great. We still need depth though. 

I would obviously be happy with him. Can see him going to BM on a free though.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Tielemans is class. 

As is Maddison. But where does Maddison fit into our XI? 

Here:

Bruno

Maddison                  Willock

Or here:

Maddison                     Joelinton

Wilson

Or here: 

Miggy                             Maddison

Wilson

Or here:

Bruno

Longstaff                   Maddison

Maddison is a versatile attacking player, who could fit in anywhere. Quite useful when you are about to start playing 2 games a week.

Can see Tielemens happening due to his contract expiring in the Summer. We’ll get him for around £15 million I reckon.

If we get both then fucking hell, might as well boot someone out of this season’s Champions League and let us in instead. We’ll be class.