Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

15 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I know Tielemans on his day is a class player but there's something about him that I don't think fits. He comes across as a bit of a quitter to me, might be harsh but my gut feeling is I hope we don't bother with him.

If he's acquired to push Joelinton out to the left then no, if he's bought in to be part of a three of Bruno Jo Tielemans, then a midfield of those three could achieve great things, Joelinton transformation and contribution when playing in the middle is huge, he's our strongest midfielder, Bruno's game then goes up a notch, Tielemans along side those two would be very exciting. 

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

100% Ashworth was in the private jet when Isak landed here.

Correctamundo.

Ashworth is believed to have re-engaged with Sociedad late on Monday evening, with an offer thought to be lower than one tentatively proposed last month. Jokin Aperribay, Sociedad’s president, admitted on Movistar TV that, “On Sunday, we did not expect Isak to leave,” but the player’s representatives informed the club 24 hours later of the forward’s desire to join Newcastle.

Though Newcastle’s first bid was rejected immediately, it reopened lines of communication and, to show they were serious about reaching an agreement this time, by Tuesday Ashworth was in the Basque country, accompanied by Nickson.

Only a handful of people around the club knew a delegation had flown out to hold in-person discussions for Isak, with most still assuming Watford’s Pedro was the top target.

On Thursday morning, Isak flew from the Basque country to Tyneside by private jet, accompanied by Ashworth and Nickson. He underwent his medical before personal terms were finalised and his contract was signed at a Tyneside hotel early on Friday morning. 

https://theathletic.com/3540281/2022/08/26/alexander-isak-newcastle-transfer-record/?source=emp-shared-article

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Both Howe and Ashworth have said going forward, they'd like to scout players before they become established talents with huge price tags.

I know it's a different scouting network, but some of Brighton's pickups under Ashworth were excellent.

I expect that's what the plan is long term, for sure.

However the idea of such a philosophy is that you'll always have a player or two that was signed a year or two previously that's ready to break into the first team and hopefully improve you or replace a player who needs to move on for one reason or another. Problem is that it's a new philosophy for us so we don't currently have signings from a couple of years ago that are taking that leap forward right now.

If we want to improve the team in the short term, we'll need to sign players who are much more ready.

You of course sign the youngsters yoo. We've added Kuol so far and I'd guess we'll add a couple more teenagers in the coming weeks but I doubt we're looking at this kid Varela as somebody that's going to give us another gear this year in our attempts to finish top four.

They're long term investments that we should be bringing in two or three of every window and hoping develop into PL quality options.

Combine that with being willing to sign more established and pricier players to fill the biggest holes in our squad when necessary and I think we'll build a very good team.

I'd fucking love Tielemans, absolute regular with screamers and has the door-unlocking passing. I think the miff re his attitude is just because he doesn't appear to be trying hard for Leicester, which is really crappy but that club is dysfunctional at the minute and we've seen first-hand what it can do to players (who look reborn under Howe). If we're seriously after him it means Howe thinks he's an OK character. Would be a mega upgrade on Shelvey.

27 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I know Tielemans on his day is a class player but there's something about him that I don't think fits. He comes across as a bit of a quitter to me, might be harsh but my gut feeling is I hope we don't bother with him.

Not to say every signing we make will be a guaranteed success but if Eddie and co want him then so be it. Nice to have such great trust in the club.

Tielemans has 6 months left on his contact. I could seeing him running it down and getting a massive signing on fee in the summer and probably alot higher wages than we'd be willing to offer him now. 

38 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

If he's acquired to push Joelinton out to the left then no, if he's bought in to be part of a three of Bruno Jo Tielemans, then a midfield of those three could achieve great things, Joelinton transformation and contribution when playing in the middle is huge, he's our strongest midfielder, Bruno's game then goes up a notch, Tielemans along side those two would be very exciting. 

I can guarantee there’s no long term plan for Joelinton to play on the left. He’s too often ineffective there. 

41 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I'd fucking love Tielemans, absolute regular with screamers and has the door-unlocking passing. I think the miff re his attitude is just because he doesn't appear to be trying hard for Leicester, which is really crappy but that club is dysfunctional at the minute and we've seen first-hand what it can do to players (who look reborn under Howe). If we're seriously after him it means Howe thinks he's an OK character. Would be a mega upgrade on Shelvey.

There has to be some sort of culture issue at Leicester. It’s not just Tielemans who looks disinterested, the whole of them look very passive in play.

Something happened there that’s got them playing below their standard. Rodgers looks a bit fucked off on the touch line most matches. 

They didn’t sign anyone, did they? That and rumours of the best players leaving must have unsettled the squad.

Leicester City owner and chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha (Known as ‘Top’) took over when his father was killed in the helicopter crash, in 2018. I don’t think he holds the same love for the club as his dad did, and I also don’t think he knows how to run the club correctly (isn’t particularly enamoured with how much it costs, and how much he has to put in etc). Hence the rumours about wanting to sell up, and not giving Rogers any cash to spend last summer. Leicester fans don’t seem too keen on him and seem to think he’s holding them back because of the above. 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Leicester City owner and chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha (Known as ‘Top’) took over when his father was killed in the helicopter crash, in 2018. I don’t think he holds the same love for the club as his dad did, and I also don’t think he knows how to run the club correctly (isn’t particularly enamoured with how much it costs, and how much he has to put in etc). Hence the rumours about wanting to sell up, and not giving Rogers any cash to spend last summer. Leicester fans don’t seem too keen on him and seem to think he’s holding them back because of the above. 

That's interesting. Would explain a few things.

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

In addition to that, King Power is all about airport duty-free shops, and therefore took a financial beating in the past two years of travel restrictions. Owning a football club is above all else a luxury, even with European football. When your main business is taking a hammering, it becomes very clear how much these playthings cost.

9 minutes ago, Emotic said:

In addition to that, King Power is all about airport duty-free shops, and therefore took a financial beating in the past two years of travel restrictions. Owning a football club is above all else a luxury, even with European football. When your main business is taking a hammering, it becomes very clear how much these playthings cost.

Are most PL teams losing money? NFL is a cash cow for anyone buying but cash flow and taking on debt to buy can be a major issue I believe there.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I know this bollocks and probably belongs in the Twitter thread, but I actually laughed out loud when I saw it, so I thought it was worth a post.

Hahahaha, this is amongst the worst Twitter ITK reveals I’ve ever seen. Aye, let’s pay over £40m more than a player’s worth to get someone who is very similar to Sean Longstaff

6 hours ago, Manxst said:

Hardly fair to say they aren’t investing in the club. In the last year they have just opened up a £100m training and academy centre that’s regarded as either the best in the world or one of the best in the world. They are also expanding the stadium, and I believe rumoured to be buying land outside the stadium for extra match day facilities and entertainment.

They went on a spending spree a few years ago, mostly buying youngsters which I think was meant to see them through a few years without having to buy players whilst they did all this work. I’m going to guess they also thought that 1 or 2 players could be cashed in on and sold on for a profit, and to reinvest, but they never seemed to have developed as they hoped.

Edited by Stifler

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I know this bollocks and probably belongs in the Twitter thread, but I actually laughed out loud when I saw it, so I thought it was worth a post.

It is absolute bollocks, if we signed Mctominay for that kind of money or any money I'd instantly lose all respect for the entire club and sink into a deep, deep depression.

Just now, Stifler said:

Hardly fair to say they aren’t investing in the club. In the last year they have just opened up a £100m training and academy centre that’s regarded as either the best in the world or one of the best in the world. They are also expanding the stadium, and I believe rumoured to be buying land outside the stadium for extra match day facilities and entertainment.

They went on a spending spree a few years ago, mostly buying youngsters which I think was meant to see then through a few years without having to buy players whilst they did all this work. I’m going to guess they also thought that 1 or 2 players could be cashed in on and sold on for a profit, and to reinvest, but they never seemed to have developed as they hoped.

They could flog Barnes for £40m on top of the £70+ they got from Chelsea for Fofana, that’s some return without throwing Dewsbury-Hall into the mix. Before he cabbaged his reputation against Liverpool Faes was also being talked up as another who could go mid term for Fofana type money.

They’ve been unlucky with injuries to the young full back - James Justin - who was on the fringes of the England squad. Still have shite like Jonny Evans there though.

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They went on a spending spree a few years ago, mostly buying youngsters which I think was meant to see them through a few years without having to buy players whilst they did all this work. I’m going to guess they also thought that 1 or 2 players could be cashed in on and sold on for a profit, and to reinvest, but they never seemed to have developed as they hoped.

Yep, and that £100m training ground and academy was initiated by the current owners father, as I alluded to previously. ‘Top’ merely carried on with the plan. I highly doubt that they would’ve been the beneficiaries of it should they be thinking about the same plans today. 

7 hours ago, Schecter said:

There were rumours in the summer that the owners are looking to get out, whether that was true, I'm not sure but it would explain the lack of investment and general feeling of malise around the club.

I work in Leicester alongside several season ticket holders and that’s what they’re all saying.  Their story is the when the father died in the helicopter crash - the other siblings have wanted their money back and now their getting serious about it.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

If McTominay isn't good enough for Man United then he isn't good enough for us, that's the level we are at now.

Joelinton wasn’t good enough for us 18 months ago. Almiron wasn’t good enough for us a year ago. 
Bellamy was bang average before he came to us and SBR got ahold of him. 
No idea if the rumours are accurate but if they are I expect they have a good rationale for buying him and he’ll only get better here.