Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Used to be in the "I don't really care if we sign any players" camp, but getting a bit sick of having Wood and Murphy coming on every game. Desperately lacking cover in midfield and full back positions as well like. 

This. Only thing holding us back is squad depth if we want to compete with the top clubs we need to improve not only our starting 11 but our 12-18 too. Move on the dead wood, bring in a few top prospects from Europe and a couple top players to come in and improve the squad.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

No more simplistic than saying he’s been seriously overestimated on here. Like @Theregularssays he shouldn’t be seen as simply just a LB as he switches between that and LCB constantly and one of the reasons in Botman looking so good and in turn Schär also he has almost become a sweeper moping up behind and avoiding the less physical defending to a degree.

some underestimate, some overestimate. the point I was making is that the answer is somewhere in between.

8 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I could somewhat see the rationale in a move for McTominay in the summer when Longstaff was really out of form. However Longstaff has kicked on a bit this season to be fair to him and I don’t see how McTominay is needed in our midfield.

We need a different profile of midfielder.

Longstaffs better which says it all.

Just now, Joseph said:

McTominay is a much, much better footballer than Longstaff. This reminds me of the Pope/Dubravka “debate”.

I agree, think this bigging up of Longstaff is understandable, but not accurate. At the same time though, no coincidence that Man U's form has sky rocketed since they invested in Casimero who brings a touch of real class and quality to their midfield.

That's what we have to do as well, McTominays or Longstaffs aren't the answer.

BARÇA NEWS

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico interested in €30m teenage right-back

Published

2 hours ago 

on

04/01/2023

Fresneda’s contract with Valladolid runs until the summer of 2025 and comes with a release clause worth €30 million. It is further stated that the value of the buyout clause could rise up to €40 million in the summer if he meets certain performance-based objectives.

That will do Pig

Edited by Slim

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I agree, think this bigging up of Longstaff is understandable, but not accurate. At the same time though, no coincidence that Man U's form has sky rocketed since they invested in Casimero who brings a touch of real class and quality to their midfield.

That's what we have to do as well, McTominays or Longstaffs aren't the answer.

100% no point making small upgrades in a key position, on the same note though we will need to keep longstaff around for next few seasons until we get some home grown players through for European competition rules.

43 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

They aren’t making their mind up in January continuing to study a potential purchase unless essential ie late injury to key player requires replacement! They have been watching ready to put plans into progress. The rest is click bait, guesswork. Hope the new Edwards? 

Would have taken McTominay in the summer (anyone saying he’s worse than Longstaff is insane btw) when I was expecting us to be hovering around 7th-9th by the end of the season. However, if we’re serious about finishing in the top 4, he’s not the level of player we should be looking at.

The media know Newcastle are interested in fresneda as they know the scouts were there - beyond that it’s guesswork

Maybe the scout report came back negative. Might be scouting ahead of a summer bid. Or he’s on the plane

A first team backup for Trippier feels smart as if there’s a European campaign you’d think it would be too many games for Trippier next year. However it’s not an immediate issue so it wouldn’t be a big shock if it was left to the summer 

12 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

The media know Newcastle are interested in fresneda as they know the scouts were there - beyond that it’s guesswork

Maybe the scout report came back negative. Might be scouting ahead of a summer bid. Or he’s on the plane

A first team backup for Trippier feels smart as if there’s a European campaign you’d think it would be too many games for Trippier next year. However it’s not an immediate issue so it wouldn’t be a big shock if it was left to the summer 

Nickson was sat with Fresneda’s agent watching the game. It doesn’t sound like just a scouting trip. 

3 hours ago, Joseph said:

McTominay is a much, much better footballer than Longstaff. This reminds me of the Pope/Dubravka “debate”.

Shouldn't be a debate, the direction we're going neither would be first team starters or squad players in a year or two.