Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I'm warming to the Neves idea a lot. I imagine they'll know today how bad Bruno's injury is, but Howe made the point that we're light in this area regardless. Shelvey is a decent player when motivated but not someone I'd stop making transfer plans for even before you account for his mounting injury record.

Time for PIF to dig deep, we need to replace Bruno ASAP , we need momentum to be kept if we are going to pull this incredible season off .

No fucking around , this is their moment like , we need someone decent .

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Rice would be an amazing signing if we weren’t conceding price. 

I’m certain we can find as good by looking abroad with much cheaper as we did with Bruno. 

The closest like for like I can think of is Amrabat 

I would actually sigh both the Moroccan mids - fit our style nicely 

I want a deep lying playmaker that can help us control possession as well as play an occasional defence splitting ball. Rice doesn’t fit the bill tbh, and his skillset doesn’t match the numbers being talked about for him so I’m not surprised there’s no one in for him. Todd Boehly exists of course so there’s hope for him yet.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I want a deep lying playmaker that can help us control possession as well as play an occasional defence splitting ball. Rice doesn’t fit the bill tbh, and his skillset doesn’t match the numbers being talked about for him so I’m not surprised there’s no one in for him. Todd Boehly exists of course so there’s hope for him yet.

We already have him, you have described Bruno perfectly there.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, reefatoon said:

You have described Bruno perfectly there.

Think the only issue with asking Bruno to do that is you lose so much from him in an outright attacking sense. To talk squad numbers in positions for moment, think we signed him with the idea of him being a '6', and it turns out he is actually even more effective as an '8'.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

It really boggles my mind how some in here turn their nose up at players who will instantly improve us

Similar comments were made when some raised concerns about signings like Lingard.

Rice would improve us no doubt, but he's not worth the prices being quoted.

Edited by The Prophet

Guest reefatoon
32 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think the only issue with asking Bruno to do that is you lose so much from him in an outright attacking sense. To talk squad numbers in positions for moment, think we signed him with the idea of him being a '6', and it turns out he is actually even more effective as an '8'.

Think he is perfectly suited to that position personally and it doesn’t seem to hinder him in an attacking sense either. He creates so many chances. Think the amount on Man of the matches he has won too shows how important and pivotal he is in that role. 

We’ve lost our best passer in Bruno if he’s injured for any length of time. No one else slides balls in like he does. He basically puts at least one chance on a plate every game. We desperately need another midfielder who has fantastic vision and technique to release the types of balls Bruno does