Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Would Maddison play in Longstaff’s position or Miggys? 

He'd probably take one of their places in the XI but not their position on the pitch. If he were to come I'd expect an evolution in style to get the best from him and Isak.

40 minutes ago, madras said:

He'd probably take one of their places in the XI but not their position on the pitch. If he were to come I'd expect an evolution in style to get the best from him and Isak.

I think that could potentially happen and the switch will go to a 4-2-3-1 position which is what a lot of the other top teams play, meaning that someone like Madison would end up playing in front of 2 solid ball playing midfielders.

1 hour ago, iwantcurlyhairtoo said:

I always thought of him on the RW, but also giving us an option CAM. Honestly, the more I think about it, I don't think he fits our system perfectly

I think he's a 10, but he can also play on the wing. We need players like that who can do more than one role, because we're going to have 2 games a week. 

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

I think that could potentially happen and the switch will go to a 4-2-3-1 position which is what a lot of the other top teams play, meaning that someone like Madison would end up playing in front of 2 solid ball playing midfielders.

Aye i like the sound of that Maddison behind isak. This Dominik kid on the right

Who we signing for alongside bruno? Fully fit ASM on the left as well...

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Think we need legs in the middle like, when longy is out the team there's a massive pressure decrease. 

Longstaff being out (and how much we have felt it) shows why we're so keen on Mctominay imo.

4 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Longstaff being out (and how much we have felt it) shows why we're so keen on Mctominay imo.

Surely there are better priced and better actual footballers with "legs" out there than Mctominay though...

18 minutes ago, andycap said:

Think we need legs in the middle like, when longy is out the team there's a massive pressure decrease. 

We could also do with more technical players. We have so few players who are comfortable taking possession in dangerous areas.

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We could also do with more technical players. We have so few players who are comfortable taking possession in dangerous areas.

This is the main area we need to strengthen, for me.

Bar Bruno, who isn’t as physical or mobile as the other midfield options. We have 3 other senior centre mids who are all workhorses and contribute in different ways. But none of them are particularly decent on the ball when it comes to passing, or showing for it wherever they are on the pitch (like Bruno does). 

Feels like the way we build attacks is totally unbalanced and clueless, at times. 

4 hours ago, scotia1997 said:

Rumours up in Glasgow you guys have been to Watch Hatate at Celtic on a number of occasions.

Likely that we won't be hold onto him in the summer, would develop well and settle in fairly quickly I would think.

Word is that it's actually Matt O'Riley we've been following at Celtic, and have been for a while, as another option as a right side number 8.

Longstaff has been out in that position lately and we've missed him a fair bit. O'Riley is particularly intriguing because he is left footed.

O'Riley has the athleticism, size and defensive intensity Howe prefers for his setup. Hatate is smaller and not as good defensively.

image.thumb.png.5f273a5a914ce9ff4fd42e36d9082fd6.png