Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Plays across the front 3? Distinctly remember him playing up front against us as well, unless I’m mistaken? 

I may have misread but are we comparing Alcaraz to Joao Pedro ? 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Possibly but I didn't see his name at all in the 'who would you take from the relegated clubs' lists.

Apologies if someone did!

IMG_4900.thumb.jpeg.2bdbcbaf52b996fd39bf03a2154ba60c.jpeg

He was apparently lined up by Benfica in January as the replacement for Enzo but ended up moving to Southampton.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I may have misread but are we comparing Alcaraz to Joao Pedro ? 

Nah, you read correctly- it’s my bad. I was sure he was a winger/ attacking midfielder ala Pedro. Could swear he was playing as a striker against us as well? Didn’t realize he was mostly deployed as a centre-mid.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Nah, you read correctly- it’s my bad. I was sure he was a winger/ attacking midfielder ala Pedro. Could swear he was playing as a striker against us as well? Didn’t realize he was mostly deployed as a centre-mid.

According to this he played DM against us in the cup games and up top against us in the league.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/carlos-alcaraz/leistungsdaten/spieler/748319

23 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_4900.thumb.jpeg.2bdbcbaf52b996fd39bf03a2154ba60c.jpeg

He was apparently lined up by Benfica in January as the replacement for Enzo but ended up moving to Southampton.

Does that mean he can play as a six and a second striker? 

Good thing is - and this is a first in my entire time supporting the club - I have total faith in Ashworth. He'll have a short and long term plan. 

I'm going to say no. His technique in tight spaces didn't look great. This is pure speculation on my part, but I think we saw him as a great project player when we could play high press counter attack football that we would then sell on. That ship has sailed. 

From what I saw Alcaraz actually looked pretty decent up front too, in addition to very much being an all-rounder as a midfielder. Great energy too. Could be a very smart versatility signing

Just now, Nucasol said:

Sounds like we’re thinking about raiding the St Mary’s relegation reduction bargain bin. Livramento, Bella-Kotchap and Alcaraz all linked. Not Ward-Prowse thankfully.

Let’s just sign their team 

31 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Sounds like we’re thinking about raiding the St Mary’s relegation reduction bargain bin. Livramento, Bella-Kotchap and Alcaraz all linked. Not Ward-Prowse thankfully.

They must have been reading here