Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

19 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Let’s face it lads and lasses, he’s either Modric 2.0 or a Thauvin regen. Do we roll the dice?

I think we have to roll the dice to some extent with signings. The proven players all have the long term CL clubs circling them like hyenas. We have to be a bit smart and try to recruit exciting emerging talent like Guler. Of course there's a chance they'll be duds, but equally they could go on to take the league by storm. Just look at Isak.

Guler feels like one of those players that goes to Dortmund, Benfica or Brighton, then ends of being bought for a ludicrous amount of money by a European giant. It'll be interesting to see if we role the dice on him or Scott, rather than pick up a more established player. 

We can't afford established players like Rice, Mount, Osimhen - we have to operate in that tier below and trust our scouts/coaches to turn them into elite players over time. Then we either keep them or move them on for an extortionate fee.

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We can't afford established players like Rice, Mount, Osimhen - we have to operate in that tier below and trust our scouts/coaches to turn them into elite players over time. Then we either keep them or move them on for an extortionate fee.

The likes of Guler, Scott and O'Riley,(who we've all being linked with) don't play in major European leagues, so fall into the bracket below Kone, Thuram and Ugarte in terms of pricing. You could probably pick up the three of them for the price of Thuram if rumours about his price tag are correct.

These are the types of deal Brighton are being lauded for. 

Donny van de Beek is leaving Man Utd and has been linked with us in the Sun, who say we tried for him in Jan. We also looked at him in the first transfer window after the takeover. Also says that he is open to the move.

Just now, KaKa said:

Donny van de Beek is leaving Man Utd and has been linked with us in the Sun, who say we tried for him in Jan. We also looked at him in the first transfer window after the takeover. Also says that he is open to the move.

He’s done nothing in 3 years - no thanks 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He can fuck off. After Alan Smith and Nicky Butt, plus Duff and Geremi, I’m over Sinister 6 cast offs.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Surely even you couldn’t find the positives in this one ?

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The likes of Guler, Scott and O'Riley,(who we've all being linked with) don't play in major European leagues, so fall into the bracket below Kone, Thuram and Ugarte in terms of pricing. You could probably pick up the three of them for the price of Thuram if rumours about his price tag are correct.

These are the types of deal Brighton are being lauded for.

As lauded as Brighton are they dont have Champions League football and to be honest i don't think they ever will. Yes they have a few quailty players but not enough to take them to the next step. We are in the UCL. We need players to be competitive in it NOW and players to get it again next season. We dont have time to use the transfer kitty on 4 or 5 promising players with potential. We need top quality establised players and maybe 1 or 2 high ceiling players.

6 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

As lauded as Brighton are they dont have Champions League football and to be honest i don't think they ever will. Yes they have a few quailty players but not enough to take them to the next step. We are in the UCL. We need players to be competitive in it NOW and players to get it again next season. We dont have time to use the transfer kitty on 4 or 5 promising players with potential. We need top quality establised players and maybe 1 or 2 high ceiling players.

You’re going to be bitterly disappointed come 1st September.

The club won’t be aiming to win the European Cup.  We won’t be buying players on that premise.  We’ll be taking advantage of the income boost to strengthen the squad.  We might sign one marquee player - but I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t. 

7 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

We also need promising players. We don't have a squad, we have zero assets with any sale-on value and we cannot pay as big wages as top 6 teams. 

3 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

Brighton have a few players that will almost certainly make the move to clubs who regularly play in the Champions League. Mac Allister won't be the last.

Of course a mix is the best way to go, but I've already seen comments (even on here) that we need to drop £200 million on players, players listed are often ones who have had minimal exposure to the Champions League (Thuram, Kone, Veiga, Maddison, etc).

The combination of data and good characters seems to be serving us well so I don't expect us to deviate from that anytime soon.