Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anything over 20 million and it’s to much for him imo.

In the last 3 seasons ASM has been unavailable for 218 days. Tierney has been unavailable for 197. Why is £30M too much for him but not enough for the other (assuming your concerns are injury related and not talent)?

It's nonsense. Chilwell went for north of £50M and he's been a crock, Cucurella £60M. Tierney is in his prime, yeah his injury record is flakey, but there's absolutely no way we're getting him for £20M.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we wanr Tierney as #1 we should be quick about it.

Would imagine a lot of the spadework has already been done.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Reckon 30 will be a good deal for both clubs.

Aye. or £25M + £5M after 50 appearances or whatever. He's a cracking player. If we manage to keep him fit thats the LB position sorted for the next 5-7 years.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Every Arsenal fan I speak too speaks highly of him. I didn't rate him all that highly but nearly every Arsenal fan rates him which is positive.

He just doesn’t suit their system (they need inverted fullbacks). In terms of traditional, overlapping left-backs -when he’s fit- there aren’t many better in the Prem.

43 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

In the last 3 seasons ASM has been unavailable for 218 days. Tierney has been unavailable for 197. Why is £30M too much for him but not enough for the other (assuming your concerns are injury related and not talent)?

I’ve never said 30 million isn’t enough for ASM tbf. We won’t get close to that figure for him imo. As for Tierney I think he’s an excellent player but he is a proven crock and spending big money on him is a massive risk and one likely to mean we spend large parts of next season with Burn as LB again.

19 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He just doesn’t suit their system (they need inverted fullbacks). In terms of traditional, overlapping left-backs -when he’s fit- there aren’t many better in the Prem.

Many fans think they need a "traditional" FB in some circumstances. Particularly because Zinchenko cannot defend and Tierney can.