Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, cranna said:

But if the club is after players like Botman, Bruno and Isak, that is, young players that are not on the radar of the big teams, the negotiations should not take long.

Did they take long? What is a long time in any case? I mean transfer deals are never easy anyway or straight forward, especially in today’s game. I’m confident we will get who we want on our list or the right kind of players we need come the close of this transfer window.

Since the takeover there seems to be some kind of mad scramble type mindset by fans and media alike to just go and sign some players already. There is no rush or panic. We have a huge team from Howe himself to everyone else involved in the recruitment side working behind the scenes on things and their record thus far is almost exemplary.

Guest dazzanufc1892
36 minutes ago, cranna said:

But if the club is after players like Botman, Bruno and Isak, that is, young players that are not on the radar of the big teams, the negotiations should not take long.

that’s when you assume the club doesn’t know what they’re selling, which is rarely the case. There are no ‘quick’ deals

Seriously I think Guler should be number one on the list. He has generational talent written all over him. It would bring us a ton of fans from Turkey and the Muslim world in general. The release clause is low. Surely we can’t miss? Offer him a nasty contract, yearly wage rise, signing bonus, no release clause. Sign him up for 7 years and include a potential clause to match him with highest earner if he reaches certain milestones. 

let’s get this done. Ajax and Dortmund my ass. He’s going to be our Turkish messi 

10 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Seriously I think Guler should be number one on the list. He has generational talent written all over him. It would bring us a ton of fans from Turkey and the Muslim world in general. The release clause is low. Surely we can’t miss? Offer him a nasty contract, yearly wage rise, signing bonus, no release clause. Sign him up for 7 years and include a potential clause to match him with highest earner if he reaches certain milestones. 

let’s get this done. Ajax and Dortmund my ass. He’s going to be our Turkish messi 

Didn't the PL pass an anti Chelsea law making 5 years the max?

Ive a read a few comments where people are confident we will sign 2 players. Well we definitely need more than 2 players or we will struggle next season. Whats the story with Veiga? With a €40m release clause i thought he woulda been snapped up by now, i know its still early in the transfer window but at that price it seems ridiculous that no one would at least bid. I would much rather him than Guler tbh

12 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

Ive a read a few comments where people are confident we will sign 2 players. Well we definitely need more than 2 players or we will struggle next season. Whats the story with Veiga? With a €40m release clause i thought he woulda been snapped up by now, i know its still early in the transfer window but at that price it seems ridiculous that no one would at least bid. I would much rather him than Guler tbh

the players want to go elsewhere. Simply as that.

23 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

Think it's more that people (Hope, Edwards etc) have heard it's likely to be two elite players that can immediately improve the first team in terms of the majority of the budget. But that there may also be scope to add another 1/2 in terms of depth options. 

9 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

BEIN Turkey were reporting today that Ajax is his most likely destination somehow

He'd stand more of a chance of getting games straight away, I'd have thought.

He looks a great talent, but I don't think he'd walk into our first team straight away.

I think Guler is an interesting one and I see it going one of two ways. 

either he goes to a stepping stone club like a Dortmund or Ajax and tries to enhance his reputation/value that way. 

or he jumps straight to an elite club and ends up being sold off in a couple of years time. 

Tbh with Veiga, Guler and Szo or Maddison for 100m it’s our CM and RW depth options fully sorted for the next few years even. 

Their youth will complement the experience we have and make it very competitive. 

Then getting Lodi on loan to buy and a cheap ish RCB and back up CF can complete the window, for around 50m all in. 

jobs a good un 

30 minutes ago, Cronky said:

He'd stand more of a chance of getting games straight away, I'd have thought.

He looks a great talent, but I don't think he'd walk into our first team straight away.

You are basing this on him being so young? I wouldn't say that "he'd walk into to the team", Neither would he from the off when considering the time Eddie wants to take before he throws new players in.

However that being said, he's easily good enough to start for us this coming season. Bed him in slowly as with any other player and it's only a matter of time before he's one of the first names to be picked, he's that good.

Thing about him is that he is very mature both on and off the pitch. Very intelligent player and one that doesn't feel pressure. He isn't just some raw very good talent, he turned 18 recently but plays in a way far beyon his age.

He is going to be one of the worlds best players and i've said so on here before. He will be playing for RM in 2-3 years or so.

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Move over Paqueta, Guler looks like this summers creepy obsession.

You seem surprised that fans have signings they prefer more than others? Happens every year at every club around the world. I definitely agree with the word obsession but not "creepy" tbh.

We have been heavily linked with AG but i dont think we were with Paqueta who we never really seemed to want anyway, that might have been something towards "creepy" towards the end tbf.

Guler looks like one of the very best young players in the world, has a release clause of 17m and has been heavily linked with us. Hardly creepy.

Paqueta is a very good player and friends with Bruno, they played together in France etc. People wanted a brazilian midfield trio with those two and Jow.

At 17 million it looks like a bargain.

Also, if it came down to choosing between Dom Soz and Maddison i think we would be getting a player more suited to Eddies philosophy if we got big Dom.