Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Completely dominant. 

Bruno is just a joy to watch. His passing is erotic. But it's so clear the club's dilemma - Almiron is making great runs and has a good understanding with Bruno but he's just not good enough at this level to make the final ball count. We will be fine playing him but we would improve massively with a better option there. How ambitious are we this season?

If we get that first goal, we'll score 2 more. Just have to find a way to get the first one. 

We need Burn and Schar on the ball more, higher up the pitch, in order to break down a static back-7. When you've got Bruno/Joelinton on the ball with Almiron and ASM wide, you just cannot go through the middle. But patient play from the back allows our midfielders to move and drag players out of positions more easily.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, TBG said:

What the fuck was that pizza

If you can’t make your mind up, just get three on top of each other

My river dried up after ten minutes, so I'm relying on this place for comment. Would Botman's superior passing skills make any difference in the second half? He's played a couple of great balls out from the back in preseason which might be the key to unlocking their massed defence.

1 minute ago, bigfella said:

My river dried up after ten minutes, so I'm relying on this place for comment. Would Botman's superior passing skills make any difference in the second half? He's played a couple of great balls out from the back in preseason which might be the key to unlocking their massed defence.

Burn has done alright to be honest.

Just now, Kasper said:

Need to up the tempo. Everything is too slow and static. They wont even get tired defending like this.

Not sure I agree :lol: We played with good intensity in the first half