Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

This was the kind of the game we'd have won under Steve Bruce's magic ball system where we'd score as if by magic, leaving pundits and opposition fans and players stunned in disbelief trying to work out how it was achieved. 

1 minute ago, thorin said:

I'm sad the system still looks like Bruces gung-ho attacking... looked like a pre-season match tbh, hopefully combinations will get better (not sure why as pre-season is finished).

wat

2 minutes ago, thorin said:

I'm sad the system still looks like Bruces gung-ho attacking/defending... looked like a pre-season match tbh, hopefully combinations will get better (not sure why as pre-season is finished).

Eh?

Pope - 7

Trippier - 9

Schar - 10

Burn - 8

Targett - 7

Bruno - 9.5

Joelinton - 8.5

Willock - 9

ASM - 8.5

Wilson - 8

Almiron - 7.5

To say 2-0 flattered them is a huge understatement like, could have easily been a 5-0. Brilliant performance.

Just now, nemtizz said:

Bruno will be at Real in a couple years if we fuck it up.

Yes, and in fact I suspect we won't get to the champions league in time for him to be happy but we could sell him for £100m in 3 years and sign 3 more Brunos. Thats how we're doing it, sensible

Just now, CFlan said:

Pope 7.1

Tripper 7.8

Burn 7.5

Schar 8.3

Target 7.5

Willock 7.5

Bruno 7.9

Joelinton 7.4

Almiron 7.3

Maxi 7.4

Wilson 7.8

Any reason you couldnt just use the usual 1-10 scoring system, were you feeling fruity?

Fuck sake, are we class now?

That was as clinical (finishing aside) as I've seen in absolutely ages from an nufc team.

Off to pull my snosage into oblivion to montages of Bruno and Big Jow

Forrest have been away for a long time.

Think they've gotten a bit to used to Championship football. Will take them some time to realise that what is outstanding in Championship is average at best in the Premier League.

4 minutes ago, thorin said:

I'm sad the system still looks like Bruces gung-ho attacking/defending... looked like a pre-season match tbh, hopefully combinations will get better (not sure why as pre-season is finished).

I'm assuming this is a joke, as otherwise the hottest of hottakes :lol: 

Just now, Numbers said:

Any reason you couldnt just use the usual 1-10 scoring system, were you feeling fruity?

It’s in protest of the   decimalisation of the 1-10 rating system 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

wat

Let's just blame first game of the season to start off with and see how it goes.

I'm missing a systematic pressing, cutting of angles and whatnot. 2 ppl running the same guy. A defending flat 5 in the midfield watching a through pass. Think it was better last season tbh. I had hoped we would evolve into something decent, can't keep blaming the players there.

Pope hoofed the ball more than Dubravka tbh.

Only negative would be that we looked a bit open on the break but as they were extremely Championship it didn’t really matter. It will against decent team.

Thought we pressed and harried brilliant in the middle. 

Don’t think anyone was below a 6 or 7 which is what you like to see. You wouldn’t know we’d had a preseason; was just a follow on from Arsenal and Burnley last year.