Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Really, Forest? Really? :lol: 

So easy to defend against, that was comical. I’m all for new ideas, but howay [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: How did I completely miss Lingard joining Forest on a one year deal? Why do I get the feeling he'll be kicking himself come the end of the season for not taking whatever long term deal West Ham were prepared to offer him. 

Wasn't he reported to be getting around 200k p/w there? Worst case scenario he makes a fuck load of money there and is available on a free again next summer.

Was great to see that midfield 3 from the beginning, really think its our most productive 3. Willock and Miggy were both great today in the positions and roles given to them by Howe within the wider team dynamic. The options they looked to provide, pressing and generally tireless running made us very hard to defend against as we were very fluid as we progressed up the pitch.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Guest HTT II

Pope - 6 (fuck all to do)

Trippier - 7 (a few misplaced passes, but on and off the ball he was solid)

Schar - 8 (great goal, won everything, didn’t misplace a pass and is a handsome bastard)

Burn - 7 (absolutely solid)

Targett - 7 (absolute solid, linked up well with ASAM)

Miggy 8.2 (my MOTM, was everywhere, made loads of runs into their box, skinned players and was a constant threat, didn’t score or create, but one of his best shifts in our colours IMO)

Bruno - 8 (dreamy, some lovely through balls, so strong at shielding as well)

Joelinton - 7.5 (just your normal Joelinton, eased it)

Willock - 7.5 (full of energy, running, intercepting balls, attacking and none stop nuisance, looks super fit too)

Wilson - 6 (great goal, worked hard, but anonymous for the most part, needs a partner or better service)

ASM - 7 (very involved and dangerous, got back up mostly when challenged, made some really good passes and looked to switch play and linked up well wherever he played)

Edited by HTT II

14 minutes ago, Memphis said:

When was the last time we cruised to a win like that? Dominated every facet of the match and deserved to win by 4 or 5. 

I love the way we dominated possession and were still able to create a bunch of chances. We've not been asked to play that way much and in the past we struggled when we weren't allowed to play on the counter. This was a real show of force. We've been on the other side of these against Manchester City or Liverpool, it's nice to hand them out.

Almiron was full of running as usual but his lack of end product continues to be a problem. Upgrade him and we are a legitimate European threat. 

Absolutely. 

Great performance, thought we were brilliant

That big centre half Forest signed looked dreadful. They've also managed to sign Jack Scholesback's exact clone in midfield. Both dreadful

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Think Notts forest are in serious trouble this season.

They might win a few at home but they’re not finishing above Fulham or Bournemouth.

Were Bournemouth that good today? Saw that they won… but Stevie G.

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

So Ando hating on Miggy today totalling misguided from those who watched the game?

suppose Ando gotta Ando

He was busy and linked up well with Bruno but his decision making in the box was poor. He wasn’t the only one like, but I was getting particularly frustrated with him.

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

So Ando hating on Miggy today totalling misguided from those who watched the game?

suppose Ando gotta Ando

Miggy made loads of good runs, and played some decent passes around the box, but the big moments he fluffed his lines. Typical Miggy performance, but best i've seen him in ages.