Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Pape Souare may have to retire from football because of the car crash he had earlier in the season

Sad.

One of the reasons I don't bemoan players going after money. 1 bad injury and it's a wrap.

I'm pretty sure most professional players are insured these days.

Pape Souare may have to retire from football because of the car crash he had earlier in the season

Sad.

One of the reasons I don't bemoan players going after money. 1 bad injury and it's a wrap.

Majority of them are able to go straight into coaching/managerial, punditry or other related jobs these days too.

Of course, Souare in his short career has probably earned more than any of us ever will in our lifetime.

Manchester City footballer Yaya Toure has been charged with drink driving, police have confirmed.

Police said the 33-year-old of Macclesfield, Cheshire was driving in Dagenham in east London at the time of the alleged offence.

Police said he was charged on Tuesday with driving while his alcohol level was above the legal limit .

He has been bailed and is due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on 13 December.

The midfielder played in Manchester City's 3-1 defeat at home to Chelsea on Saturday.

He was recalled to the Manchester City squad earlier this month after apologising for "misunderstandings" relating to comments made by his agent Dimitri Seluk.

In 2012, Toure spoke about being a devout Muslim and refused a champagne man of the match award due to his religious beliefs.

The club is yet to comment.

Garth:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38203756

"I found myself howling with laughter watching Match of the Day as Gary Lineker (as I knew he would) took Alan Shearer to task about his definition of a world-class striker. Links absolutely nailed Alan and continued to bait him over the statement that he thought Aguero was the only world-class striker in the Premier League. Well, I'm with Links on this one."

"Howling with laughter" and "Links" [emoji38]

Peter Lawwell, the Celtic chief executive, believes that if the Parkhead club ever found the door to English football open that they would become the biggest club in Britain.

Lets do it, lets have em in for a laugh.

Sad.

For their contract - sure but for 5 / 10 years worth of wages? I doubt it.