Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I've only been here a week and a half so not allowed to complete it anyway - but will try and get my free Time Out.

Whats the name of the survey ?  We had one from the US, one of the questions was "do you have a best friend at work?".  Everyone was howling at it  :lol:

Macclesfield Town staged a minute's applause for a 20-year-old fan who'd been hospitalised (but not killed) after falling from a town-centre car park.

What the fuck? :lol:

Anything outside of football should just be left alone like, obvious exceptions for cases like Liam and John (although we took it to the largest extreme possible) and stuff like that Bradley kid as it raises awareness of diseases like neuroblastoma, helps raise money etc.

This trend of randomly picking someone who died that week is just odd.

I think it was Southampton who recently had one for a fan in his 80s that died. We're only one step away from a minute's applause for everyone in the ground when that's happening.

Think football clubs are putting themselves on tricky ground with the way they've treated the lad from Sunderland as well. Fair enough for his own club to do something but he's been to Newcastle, Everton and Man City that I know of, and he's won the BBC goal of the month competition. How many other kids across the country with terrible illnesses are going to want to be treated the same, and are clubs going to have to start saying no, at which point they look like cunts but let's be fair, they're football clubs, not Dream Come True charities.

I think it was Southampton who recently had one for a fan in his 80s that died. We're only one step away from a minute's applause for everyone in the ground when that's happening.

Think football clubs are putting themselves on tricky ground with the way they've treated the lad from Sunderland as well. Fair enough for his own club to do something but he's been to Newcastle, Everton and Man City that I know of, and he's won the BBC goal of the month competition. How many other kids across the country with terrible illnesses are going to want to be treated the same, and are clubs going to have to start saying no, at which point they look like c***s but let's be fair, they're football clubs, not Dream Come True charities.

Was talking about this exact same problem just the other day. God knows where we'll be with stuff like this in the next 5yr or so. Football was always in my mind to forget about such tragedies for 90mins not be reminded of them every minute.

Guest neesy111

I remember a Facebook link posted on here not long after Everton donated that money of someone writing in to NUFC asking them to pay the bills of a local child with an (terminal I think) illness and complaining that they said no but would offer 2 free tickets or something.

Aye I saw that.

I remember a Facebook link posted on here not long after Everton donated that money of someone writing in to NUFC asking them to pay the bills of a local child with an (terminal I think) illness and complaining that they said no but would offer 2 free tickets or something.

height=400http://i.imgur.com/t57sBep.jpg[/img]

Just been told all the club has offered is two match tickets! What a disgrace! As much as i love the club that is embarrassing! Tell you what then if the club won't do it why doesn't no one pay for a ticket to next home match and donate the ticket money to Frankie! That will sharp shock the club & least we can put some pride back in our city! Arseholes! 

Surely the club can put the money up! After all they did make 35 million profit in the  summer off transfers alone! No kid should have to go through this! Hope he gets the help he needs! 

Think football clubs are putting themselves on tricky ground with the way they've treated the lad from Sunderland as well. Fair enough for his own club to do something but he's been to Newcastle, Everton and Man City that I know of, and he's won the BBC goal of the month competition. How many other kids across the country with terrible illnesses are going to want to be treated the same, and are clubs going to have to start saying no, at which point they look like cunts but let's be fair, they're football clubs, not Dream Come True charities.

I'll be fewming if the league is not named after him at some point.

Just been told all the club has offered is two match tickets! What a disgrace! As much as i love the club that is embarrassing! Tell you what then if the club won't do it why doesn't no one pay for a ticket to next home match and donate the ticket money to Frankie! That will sharp shock the club & least we can put some pride back in our city! Arseholes! 

Surely the club can put the money up! After all they did make 35 million profit in the  summer off transfers alone! No kid should have to go through this! Hope he gets the help he needs! 

If people really gave a fuck in the first place they'd be donating their own money to charities/hospitals and not funnelling their money into their stupid football clubs. But they don't really give a shit. They just want to be seen to be giving a shit. Bet you ten million quid that this fucker didn't donate his next ticket money to "Frankie".

wtf

On beyond the pale football corruption news #1242314 the Spanish FA has been forced to return €1,5m in public money they received from the Spanish government back in 2010 to build and run football schools in developing countries, football schools that were never built.