Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I remember a Facebook link posted on here not long after Everton donated that money of someone writing in to NUFC asking them to pay the bills of a local child with an (terminal I think) illness and complaining that they said no but would offer 2 free tickets or something.

height=400http://i.imgur.com/t57sBep.jpg[/img]

Just been told all the club has offered is two match tickets! What a disgrace! As much as i love the club that is embarrassing! Tell you what then if the club won't do it why doesn't no one pay for a ticket to next home match and donate the ticket money to Frankie! That will sharp shock the club & least we can put some pride back in our city! Arseholes! 

Surely the club can put the money up! After all they did make 35 million profit in the  summer off transfers alone! No kid should have to go through this! Hope he gets the help he needs! 

wtf

Might as well just rock up to the bank you have your mortgage with, or the garage where you bought your car or whatever and ask them to pay. After all they probably made some profit as well the cunts.

That 'The Fish' always pops up on other fans forums like.

"Newcastle Online is much busier, but mods are more strict, there's more kids who'll tell you to **** off, regardless of your input."

Not sure why he's just made this up :lol: (and manages to contradict himself within a single sentence)

Is there some sort of weird Forum War going on?

He's from Toontastic. No idea why he's got the impression he has of N-O, like but he's an alright poster tbf. He usually goes on every Championship club's forum and asks for their opinions on the game vs us when we're playing them soon. He's also on RTG sometimes, one of the few NUFC fans who puts a lot of sense on there and picks apart a lot of the mackems' craic but it turns out futile, as some may have seen.

"Newcastle Online is much busier, but mods are more strict, there's more kids who'll tell you to **** off, regardless of your input."

Not sure why he's just made this up :lol: (and manages to contradict himself within a single sentence)

There was, when this place and Toontastic first split in two, for months if not years half the posts on both were just the two forums slagging each other off (with their criticism of this place being just that, mods too strict and full of 'kids'). Talking about ten years ago here, if not more. Settled down eventually and everyone went their separate ways. Met The Fish many times, he's alright, never shuts up like.

"Must admit, it surprises me that a club the size of NUFC has only got a couple of cliquey tumbleweed forums, and a busy one but mostly infested with childish gobby cockwombles."

:lol:

So am I a childish cockwomble or am I a spotty wow playing virgin? Perhaps I'm both?? I'm so confused!

So am I a childish cockwomble or am I a spotty wow playing virgin? Perhaps I'm both?? I'm so confused!

It is such a great word, that I quite like the idea of being a cockwomble. I guess that in itself probably makes me one. Smashing  O0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post

Good find. Lke the OP I was wondering where the main NUFC forum was hiding...

Big list of other rival team forums on there.....on which we don't even appear. Barcelona do though, obviously.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufc...c,40905.0.html

Best update the rival boards thread, I think we've offended them :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wilfried-zaha-slams-brede-hangeland-9702563

Angry Wilfried Zaha has hit back at former team-mate Brede Hangeland for branding him lazy.

The 24-year-old Ivory Coast winger is back from the Africa Cup of Nations in time for this weekend’s FA Cup tie against Manchester City.

But he has been left fuming by comments from Hangeland for Norwegian podcast Heia Fotball, which saw the former defender named him in a ‘Lazy XI’.

Describing Zaha, Hangeland said: “Amazing physique and very athletic, huge potential.

“On some Mondays he'd come over to me and say "I'm starting my program now!", he'd clearly decided to start during the week-end. “We'd then go to the gym together and he'd do like 5 pushups, sigh, and leave.

“It felt like he had a new years resolution every Monday. Would be incredible if he was serious.”

Zaha hit back in on social media: "I don't appreciate old team mates telling lies just to stay relevant! It's sad.

"We all have different bodies so because I'm not constantly in the gym or doing the same as someone else doesn't mean I don't work hard.”

Hangeland also claimed striker Emmanuel Adebayor lacked focus and commitment with Spurs, Manchester City and Fulham all paying him at the same time.

He added: “I only played with him for six months but a quick story. I played for Fulham and he played for spurs.

“We were attacking and I was marking Adebayor in the midfield, suddenly he says "Ahhh, I'm hungry". I replied "what?". "I can't wait for the game to finish, I'm so hungry. Do you know a good restaurant in London Hangeland?".

“Later when he came to Palace I started to realized where this came from. When we had strength workouts he would sit in the gym with just a cup of coffee and a muffin.

“He was being paid by City, Tottenham and Palace at the same time, and he was sitting in the gym drinking coffee. Incredible natural talent, very lazy.”

Other players included in Hangeland’s XI include Dimitar Berbatov, Mousa Dembele, now at Spurs, retired pair Jimmy Bullard and Bobby Zamora, and keeper Wayne Hennessey, currently at Palace.

:lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2715665/brede-hangeland-names-emmanuel-adebayor-in-extraordinary-lazy-xi-rant-claiming-he-would-eat-muffins-in-the-gym/

GOALKEEPER

Wayne Hennessey (Palace)

Used to just lie on one of those thick blue mats in the gym while we were working out.

DEFENDERS

Chris Baird (Derby)

Whenever we did cardio, he asked the coach: ‘When can we go and play football?’

Zdenek Grygera (retired)

Great guy, good friend. When he arrived at Fulham, he told the coach: ‘I don’t do weights.’ He didn’t.

Erik ‘Panzer’ Hagen (retired)

As a centre-back, he was a big, strong but it must have all come from his genes. Not from gym work.

MIDFIELDERS

Wilfried Zaha (Palace)

Amazing physique, athletic, huge potential. Some Mondays, he’d come over to me and say: ‘I’m starting my programme now!’ He’d do five push-ups, sigh, then leave. He would have been incredible if he was serious.

Jimmy Bullard (retired)

Great player, incredibly weak. Never interested in the gym. Clear-cut pick for laziest team.

Mousa Dembele (Tottenham)

Maybe the best I played with. But struggles with his physique. Never lifted weights. Has incredible balance. Had the right to not work out.

Bryan Ruiz (Sp Lisbon)

Don’t think he even knew where the gym was. Always wore long sleeves and gloves. If it was cold or away to Stoke, he’d never come along.

FORWARDS

Bobby Zamora (retired)

Strong but hated the gym. Whenever it was time for dead lifts, he’d start feeling his hamstring. Every single time we went to the gym.

Dimitar Berbatov (unattached)

If only he ran. Never seen a man get so many massages in my life. Whenever we were in the gym, Berbatov was getting a massage. I knew the guy who gave him the massages. Usually at the end of the season, the players would give all the physios a gift. But he’d massage Berbatov for hundreds of hours during the season and he would get nothing.

Emanuel Adebayor (unattached)

I was marking Adebayor in midfield. Suddenly he said: ’Ah, I’m hungry.’ I replied: ‘What?’ He said: ‘I can’t wait for the game to finish. I’m so hungry. Do you know a good restaurant in London?’ At Palace, when we had strength workouts, he would sit in the gym with a cup of coffee and a muffin. He was being paid by City, Tottenham and Palace at the same time, and he was sitting in the gym drinking coffee.

MANAGERS

Felix Magath

I always try to see the good in people. But Magath was an awful human being.

He had penalising extra workouts. After losing one game, we got back home to Fulham at 1am. Yet he then forced us to run laps around and around between 1am and 2am. It was absurd.

Roy Hodgson

When he came to Viking we realised he was a quote machine. He was funny without knowing it. He was frustrated, I mean, here is a man of the world who for some reason is in Stavanger.

During one of the first training sessions at Viking he got frustrated at the poor training and he said to us, but mostly to himself I think, ‘I could be in Monaco smoking a cigar but here I am, pushing myself for pocket money’. Our confidence levels fell as we realised how bad we were.

Roy was mostly in control but was a very bad loser. Once he got so mad at Fulham he kicked a metal bag, broke his toe and had to be attended to by doctor.

Alan Pardew

Was Pardew a playboy? I guess. Everyone’s seen him dancing in the FA Cup final and not all the players were happy with that. But he was a cool guy. He was more interested in attack than defence though for sure. After I told him I was retiring he sent me to scout my own replacement. I ended up recommending James Tomkins.

There was, when this place and Toontastic first split in two, for months if not years half the posts on both were just the two forums slagging each other off (with their criticism of this place being just that, mods too strict and full of 'kids'). Talking about ten years ago here, if not more. Settled down eventually and everyone went their separate ways. Met The Fish many times, he's alright, never shuts up like.

Ahh good times. As a founder member of toontastic when toonchat folded, I was one of the main instigators of the forum war. Haven't used it for years now though, they got a bit obsessed making all their mates admins and wanted to take over the world.

Gemmill, Alex and Sonatine were all great posters though.

Alan Pardew

Was Pardew a playboy? I guess. Everyone’s seen him dancing in the FA Cup final and not all the players were happy with that. But he was a cool guy. He was more interested in attack than defence though for sure. After I told him I was retiring he sent me to scout my own replacement. I ended up recommending James Tomkins.

All of this is absurd.