Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

Hahaha, fucking hell. I wasn't expecting that.

I'll give him one thing, he gets that out the way straight away and leaves the one person in a million who still gives a shit what he has to say there to read the rest. The result of everything that's wrong with the modern game.

He is right that the sense of entitlement is wrong, however he is wrong about everything else. He himself won't have an attachment to clubs like others do, so it is easy for him to say to just leave. I wouldn't say to Arsenal fans who are unhappy to just leave, I'd just explain to them that no club automatically is entitled to success, and in there case are successful but they choose to dismiss this success. He explains it well in 1 paragraph, the rest of the article is tripe that only a 'middle class bandwagon jumper' can come too.

He is right that the sense of entitlement is wrong, however he is wrong about everything else. He himself won't have an attachment to clubs like others do, so it is easy for him to say to just leave. I wouldn't say to Arsenal fans who are unhappy to just leave, I'd just explain to them that no club automatically is entitled to success, and in there case are successful but they choose to dismiss this success. He explains it well in 1 paragraph, the rest of the article is tripe that only a 'middle class bandwagon jumper' can come too.

The sense of entitlement is wrong, but the frustration at having watched many different iterations of their team exhibiting the same glaring problems that Wenger refuses to acknowledge or address isn't. He's the world's most stubborn football manager. It's all well and good having a football philosophy but if that philosophy is ultimately flawed in the modern game, and his refusal to amend it even slightly is stopping the club from challenging for major honours, they are well within their rights to want him to leave.

How long have they needed a big dirty CB and a solid DM for?! 10 years? I'd be pissed off after 2 years let alone 10.

May 2017

‘I think in terms of motivation, we are even,’ said Mourinho.

‘For Celta it is, in their words, the most important match of their history.

‘And my feelings, it’s also the most important match of our history. It doesn’t matter what happened before, it doesn’t matter how big matches we played before.

July 2013

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said it would be a big disappointment if he won the Europa League, months after his predecessor Rafa Benitez guided the club to the title.

"I don't want to win the Europa League," Mourinho told the BBC on Tuesday.

"If I win the Europa League it will be a big disappointment for me because I don't want to play in it.

"I don't want my players to feel the Europa League is our competition."

May 2017

‘And my feelings, it’s also the most important match of our history. It doesn’t matter what happened before, it doesn’t matter how big matches we played before.

July 2013

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said it would be a big disappointment if he won the Europa League, months after his predecessor Rafa Benitez guided the club to the title.

"If I win the Europa League it will be a big disappointment for me because I don't want to play in it.

You didn't get passage to the CL back then, manure need this cup win more than any win in recent history. He's right, it's massive for them for where they are currently.

May 2017

July 2013

You didn't get passage to the CL back then, manure need this cup win more than any win in recent history. He's right, it's massive for them for where they are currently.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good bit of a Mourinho bashing.

I don't even see how it's such a big game for Man Utd, it certainly can't be for financial reasons.  CL revenue is almost a drop in the ocean for them.  In sporting terms then the difference between them playing in the EL or CL next year is quite significant I guess, but if they get knocked out early as they have the last few times they were in it then not so much.  In terms of attracting players it doesn't really seem to matter, they attract big names anyway. 

Yeah I'm not really seeing why it's such a massive game tbh.

Guest neesy111

Champions league difference is £30m-£35m from Europa.  Mind they are expected to make £35m from the Europa league so when we next qualify for it it's not to be sniffed out like before.

I don't even see how it's such a big game for Man Utd, it certainly can't be for financial reasons.  CL revenue is almost a drop in the ocean for them.  In sporting terms then the difference between them playing in the EL or CL next year is quite significant I guess, but if they get knocked out early as they have the last few times they were in it then not so much.  In terms of attracting players it doesn't really seem to matter, they attract big names anyway. 

Yeah I'm not really seeing why it's such a massive game tbh.

It's the attracting players imo they can still get them but pay a premium, wouldn't shock me if the griezman deal was dependent on qualification

Yeah up to a certain point all the big clubs pay big money, you need the CL to keep up from prestige level. We all seen what happened to Liverpool not being in it for years, the top level players stop giving a shit.

It's important to be in CL at that level simply for relevance and staying in the general conscience of football fans and players, after a while you'll just lose pulling power regardless of money.

Obviously Man Yoo are nowhere near Liverpool in terms of that yet but they will if they continue to fail to qualify for the CL, for PL clubs honestly the money isn't why the CL is so important anymore.

It's only important for Jose's ego and reputation.

Man Utd aren't as competitive as Juventus, PSG or Dortmund but could still sign their top players last summer. They'll finish 6th in the league regardless of winning the EL.. being in the CL won't disguise the fact that they aren't a top team or particularly close to being so. But it doesn't matter because of money.

They will STILL sign a higher calibre/reputation of player than Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal if they want too.

CL used to mean the money. Us finishing 5th that season had a big impact for the following years financially. It's not the same anymore.

Another year out won't damage them much. Turn it into 3, 4.. 5 potentially. They're what.... 4 years out of their last CL? 6 years out of the last semi?

Man Utd allocated 9,500 tickets for a European Final in a 50,000 seater stadium.

Obviously the neutrals, sponsors and touts are more important than match-going fans.

Fucking hell, appalling

Man Utd allocated 9,500 tickets for a European Final in a 50,000 seater stadium.

Obviously the neutrals, sponsors and touts are more important than match-going fans.

Gets worse every year. UEFA are an utterly disgusting organisation.

Sure wealthy part-time Man U fans will snap up the majority.

The only Man Utd supporters eligible to apply for a ticket will be season ticket holders who have attended every cup game this season (home and away, all cups) and season ticket or executive ticket holders who have applied for a ticket for an away game in Europe at some point over the past two seasons.

Even then, the demand will be far higher than availability.