Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I think Conan looks mint like, but the others (Kimmel, Fallon etc) just look cringey as fuck.

Seth Meyers is the best (but only the part before he gets guests, i.e. "A Closer Look" and his political shit).

Essentially he should've been given The Daily Show after Jon Stewart. Fuck Trevor Noah.

I think Conan looks mint like, but the others (Kimmel, Fallon etc) just look cringey as fuck.

Seth Meyers is the best (but only the part before he gets guests, i.e. "A Closer Look" and his political shit).

Essentially he should've been given The Daily Show after Jon Stewart. Fuck Trevor Noah.

look at mr "I veto inclusion riders" over here.

Guest firetotheworks

ze53rvX.png

and people will whine when Ronaldo wins the Ballon D'Or again

Probably because judging footballers on goals and assists alone is daft. Obviously the stats for all of them are still outstanding, but I'd still have KDB ahead of Salah.

Anfield Express, which is normally 100% with leaked Liverpool team news, has said that Salah has won PFA Player of the Year.

Seemed like De Bruyne had been decided as the winner until the last 2 months when Salah became impossible to overlook. What a season.

ze53rvX.png

Probably because judging footballers on goals and assists alone is daft. Obviously the stats for all of them are still outstanding, but I'd still have KDB ahead of Salah.

Sorry, but that's mental. Salah is going to break the all time PL goal record in his first season. To even be close to Messi/Ronaldo stats is absolutely amazing.

Saying that, I enjoy watching De Bruyne more than Salah, but there's no question who deserves the award for player of the season for me.

Guest firetotheworks

ze53rvX.png

Sorry, but that's mental. Salah is going to break the all time PL goal record in his first season. To even be close to Messi/Ronaldo stats is absolutely amazing.

Saying that, I enjoy watching De Bruyne more than Salah, but there's no question who deserves the award for player of the season for me.

Andy Cole didn't win PFA player of the year in 93/94, despite scoring 40 goals, Eric Cantona did because he was the best player that year. This is the problem with the modern obsession with goal stats. It's getting to the point where you have to think a player deserves something more based on high numbers of goals and assists, meaning players like De Bruyne and their influence on games, arguably a better attribute, are overlooked in situations like this. Salah's goal tally is extraordinary and he's been great, but it being on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo is really the only comparison that there is with those two. I personally think De Bruyne has been the better player this season based on what I look for in footballers, it's not mental, just a preference.

Guest Howaythetoon

ze53rvX.png

Andy Cole didn't win PFA player of the year in 93/94, despite scoring 40 goals, Eric Cantona did because he was the best player that year. This is the problem with the modern obsession with goal stats. It's getting to the point where you have to think a player deserves something more based on high numbers of goals and assists, meaning players like De Bruyne and their influence on games, arguably a better attribute, are overlooked in situations like this. Salah's goal tally is extraordinary and he's been great, but it being on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo is really the only comparison that there is with those two. I personally think De Bruyne has been the better player this season based on what I look for in footballers, it's not mental, just a preference.

Agreed there like. Salah for all his goals and obvious talent doesn’t influence a game the way De Bruyne does. Against City in the CL he scored, but for large parts was anonymous and distinctly average even at times which is what would separate him from the best such as De Bruyne who although not at his best, was still more in the game an the better player in the game in general. Different players of course which skewers things even more. I think it’s shows how lazy people are here, they see stats and go by that. Or players from certain teams. Kyle Walker in the PFA team of the year? Alonso likewise?

It's not like Salah has been just a pure poacher though, he's been absolutely brilliant in all areas of the game as well as scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. It's not like Salah has just been scoring tap ins and then done nowt for the rest of the game.

Like I said, I enjoy watching De Bruyne more, but there's no competition who deserves player of the year for me.

Nothing influences a football game more than goals.  Salah scores the first Liverpool goals in the CL QF. 1 start the hammering.  The second to essentially kill the game. His influence was decisive. 

6 weeks ago I would agree KDB > Salah this season.

But KDB’s level has dropped a bit whole if anything Salah has gotten better. He’s the undeniable player of the season imo.

More than the number of goals.  Ronaldo’s ability to score in big moments has taken him to another level of greatness. 

It's got to be time for a world club league, and I've got some thoughts on how it might work. I've no doubt many will disagree, but it's an interesting topic as it's surely the next step that the game needs. So..

The world club championship, would consist of the league champions of the 20 highest ranked nations, at the time. And those teams would be removed from their national league for one season, to be replaced the following year by their sucessors, on the proviso that their nation is still in the top 20.

It could maybe be extended to four leagues, with playoffs to decide the ultimate world champion.

Just change the Champions League to the FIFA Club World Cup and extend the teams participating in the group stage from 32 teams to 64. Would only add two extra matches to the schedule of the eventual finalists. Much longer travel distances, but that could be solved by keeping the group stages continent based and only going fully international in the knock-out rounds.

Ideally no league would have more than two teams competing in it, but that would never happen.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not like Salah has been just a pure poacher though, he's been absolutely brilliant in all areas of the game as well as scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. It's not like Salah has just been scoring tap ins and then done nowt for the rest of the game.

Like I said, I enjoy watching De Bruyne more, but there's no competition who deserves player of the year for me.

I agree that he hasn't just been a poacher and that he's been excellent, I was just making a point about goals and assists being viewed as the be all and end all. It's close, but as things stand my personal preference is still KDB.