Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It's a shitty thing to do imo, it's basically cheating.

It's not basically cheating.

There isn't a bullet point in the rulebook but it's basically cheating. It's ungentlemanly conduct; so long as not everyone is doing it, which would be a nightmare, it's an unfair advantage imo.

I guess it's more that say Derby were coming with something different for the Leeds game in training, that goes out the window if Leeds know what it was.

Cheating maybe, maybe not, certainly isn't a nice thing to do, funny as feck mind.

Guest neesy111

It’s disrespectful and kind of silly, I bet if someone from Derby did the same the manager of Leeds would kick off. Reeks of amateurism tbh.

Guessing you didn't read how it's common place in South America so bielsa wouldn't bat an eyelid if another team did it to him.

I've always instinctively disliked Lampard then actually found him to be ok when actually listening to him and I can understand him being pissed, but the infraction seems minor and the sport is hardly some great moral force to get righteous about  :lol:

Correct answer.

It’s disrespectful and kind of silly, I bet if someone from Derby did the same the manager of Leeds would kick off. Reeks of amateurism tbh.

Guessing you didn't read how it's common place in South America so bielsa wouldn't bat an eyelid if another team did it to him.

Yeah just seems like it's fairly standard abroad so would explain Bielsa's relaxed attitude to the cheating allegation. At least it shows he takes his job seriously, I know of a couple of big name English managers who didn't even turn up for training some days of the week. That's cheating of a different type in my book.

Yeah just seems like it's fairly standard abroad so would explain Bielsa's relaxed attitude to the cheating allegation. At least it shows he takes his job seriously, I know of a couple of big name English managers who didn't even turn up for training some days of the week. That's cheating of a different type in my book.

Ferguson never used to turn up to training until Thursdays did he?

Ferguson never used to turn up to training until Thursdays did he?

I was thinking of O'Neill and Clough actually.

Leeds' Statement

“Following comments made by Marcelo Bielsa the club will look to work with our head coach and his staff to remind them of the integrity and honesty which are the foundations that Leeds United is built on.

:lol: :lol:

Look I agree it's a bit off and can understand why Lampard is upset, however it is a) not massively unfair as it is as available for Derby to do as for Leeds and all competitive sport is about gaining an advantage, this is just going to great lengths to do so, b) dwarfed by the dishonesty and poor behavior endemic throughout the leagues, (and I'm willing to bet it's not actually that unusual to be spying on other training grounds) and c) not I'm guessing that effective, yes they learned a player wouldn't be available but so what, Leeds were substantially better than Derby on the pitch and sorry that is 99% about the general conditioning tactics and form of the players. It is also the funniest thing to happen in the league for a while and to be honest I doubt the football league will be greatly upset for the publicity. It is at worst a slap on the wrist crime not worthy of huge great moral fulminations for.

more pics on the link :lol:

Got the full set done and selling it as a print now:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/660387742/newcastle-united-panini-cheapskates?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

Already got this print for Christmas

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/610971358/newcastle-united-a3-subbuteo-print?ga_search_query=Newcastle&ref=shop_items_search_2#

... Can't find any justifiable reason to not get the panini one as well :lol:

Apparently Klopp said this the other day?

“But we already have problems line-up wise. I saw Chelsea v Tottenham with both benches full of players I know, full squads. That means no kids around. Lucky them.”

:lol: Utter bollocks.

Guest firetotheworks

How is that an argument? :lol:

Well its not against any rules so its literally not cheating. If we’re getting into morality then one team being able to spend £200m on players while another can spend £1m on players is a much bigger unfair advantage

Guest firetotheworks

Well its not against any rules so its literally not cheating. If we’re getting into morality then one team being able to spend £200m on players while another can spend £1m on players is a much bigger unfair advantage

There not being a rule against it doesn't justify it because it's absolutely a moral issue. I'm not sure how whataboutism changes that.

There not being a rule against it doesn't justify it because it's absolutely a moral issue. I'm not sure how whataboutism changes that.

It is a moral issue, there’s just much bigger moral issues being ignored in the game so I don’t see why this is such a big deal

Guest firetotheworks

It is a moral issue, there’s just much bigger moral issues being ignored in the game so I don’t see why this is such a big deal

Well because it's one that can actually be stopped with a rule change for a start.

Well because it's one that can actually be stopped with a rule change for a start.

So can a lot of moral issues that nobody cares about

Guest firetotheworks

Why do you keep making the same point? :lol: There being other things that need to change doesn't make this one that shouldn't be.

Why do you keep making the same point? :lol: There being other things that need to change doesn't make this one that shouldn't be.

Yep