Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hmm, I guess I was going for, Tottenham are a success and can maintain top four football if they keep Kane, Son and Conte. If even one of those goes I think top 4 is in doubt. I get what you mean that any team losing one of their best players makes a big difference but I think the other top 4-6 sides aren’t so heavily weighted towards a handful of players. My wider point though was that Man U don’t even have players who come close to being able to transform them into a genuine top 4 team either as a baseline across the squad or in having 2-3 amazing players that can drag them over the line so they’ve got an enormous rebuild job

Yeah Man U do seem to have a big job on their hands, but they’ve also got the resources to make a couple of big additions. Top 4 is already in doubt for anyone other than Man City and Liverpool tbh. Chelsea still have a billion good players out on loan who could be recalled, but have really struggled in recent weeks. Spurs have got to strengthen their squad to even think of coping with CL and the PL. West Ham and Leicester will be better next year with fewer distractions and you’ve got money.

On Spurs, if either Kane or Son go you’re left with Conte, the other one, and a shit-ton of cash. If Conte goes then it will depend upon who comes in but it’s a pretty strong first XI either way. The problem as always with Spurs is that up to now there have always been at least five teams willing and able to spend significantly more on transfer fees and wages.

Is Man U’s squad really that shit? Genuine question. Conte just closed out the season with a back three of Ben Davies, Eric Dier and Davinson Sanchez. I can’t believe a top manager couldn’t make something good out of whoever they’ve got.

6 hours ago, Dinho lad said:

what the fuck is this shit? he comes across like a really likeable person.

Yeah I love Schmeichel. Tried saving the owner from the helicopter crash didn’t he? Also loved during the FA Cup celebrations that he was the one getting the son involved with it all.

4 hours ago, OCK said:

22/23 might be the first season in a while that things feel different

Man City possibly getting investigated for shell companies giving fake sponorship deals

Liverpool in debt

Chelsea no more Abramavich

Tottenham have to sell to buy?

Arsenal work in progress

West Ham tough challenge

Man U a crumbling shell of dreams

Wishful thinking levels off the charts here. 

On 23/05/2022 at 12:45, ManDoon said:

Don’t want make a thread but “your most disliked player” in the PL? For me Kasper Schmeicel. Just something about him proper winds me up. I’m sure Richarlison is on most people’s lists. Also Maddison 

Kieth Curle

Diego Costa

El Hadji Diouf

Dennis Wise

Not a PL player but Harald Schumacher - disgusting.

I would have been ok with that if they'd won the league but if they end up winning 'just' the two domestic cups, doesn't feel that deserving, despite how impressive it has been for them to be competing for all four until the very end.
Thomas Frank would have got my vote, if i try to look at it through a neutral's eyes.

Klopp has lead the 2nd best squad to second place in the league, it's still pretty good obviously but if you're talking about the best performance of a manager in the League then it's got to be between Pep (won with the best team), Frank (excelled with a promoted team) and Howe (inherited an utter shitshow and got it producing European form within 6 months).

I'm going Howe, but I'm obviously biased, Frank would be my choice after that. Klopp has clearly done superb to win 2/3 Cups but it's PL Manager of the Year. In the PL he's punched his weight, others have outperformed him.  

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Mad how John Anderson shoots his load on basically every single goal in that video. But Bruno's backheel of all the goals on there he totally undersells.

He shouts 'Genius!' :lol:

Even then I don't think he realised what had happened. In the extended highlights he realises on about the 3rd replay.