Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Don’t know why the BBC and ITV don’t just chip in and try to get European football on free to air - there would be huge demand for it IMO

The BBC don’t need advertisers or subscribers, they get their money regardless, so for them it’s cheaper and easier to knock out Eastenders for less than 25% of the cost and keep the OAP’s happy.

For ITV, they will be limited in how much they can gain through advertisers, they don’t have the subscription ability others have. Also, it’s just as easy for them to knock out Emmerdale and Coronation Street and also keep the OAP’s happy.

I think there would be demand for it on FTA. Even the biggest PL games don't get much more than a million on Sky but the Chelsea-Man United game on BBC One this week topped 8 million. People like watching live football and most of them never get chance. Doesn't have to be English, look how successful Football Italia was.

Coventry could be kicked out of the football league. They need to tell the EFL where they will be playing their home games next season and Wasps are refusing to let them use the Ricoh arena. If the EFL don’t get a response by next week they will be putting it to a vote to the other EFL clubs to expel Coventry.

Just now started watching ‘Six Dreams’ on Amazon and I can already tell it’s well worth a watch. Follows Saul, Inaki Williams, Guardado, Berizzo and 2 directors from Girona and Eibar, through last season’s La Liga campaign.

EDIT: Yeah, this is class. Watch it.

Del Bosque played that game. I can't for the life of me picture that any other way than him as he is now jogging round the pitch. Same with all managers that played before my time.

I can know fine well they used to play, know what they looked like back in those days but as soon as the subject gets brought up I can still only picture them in their 60s, using their now ample frame to muscle some poor 21 year old off the ball.

Del Bosque played that game. I can't for the life of me picture that any other way than him as he is now jogging round the pitch. Same with all managers that played before my time.

I can know fine well they used to play, know what they looked like back in those days but as soon as the subject gets brought up I can still only picture them in their 60s, using their now ample frame to muscle some poor 21 year old off the ball.

Looked ancient when he was young.

portrait-of-vicente-del-bosque-real-madrid-football-player-picture-id89453143

Coventry could be kicked out of the football league. They need to tell the EFL where they will be playing their home games next season and Wasps are refusing to let them use the Ricoh arena. If the EFL don’t get a response by next week they will be putting it to a vote to the other EFL clubs to expel Coventry.

Not strictly true. Wasps won't negotiate until SISU stops their legal proceedings against Coventry city council, for selling their share of the Ricoh to Wasps when SISU refused to pay the rent and upped sticks to Northampton for a season. They've kept going to appeal after every jurisdiction found in the Councils favour