Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

That's mental. The ref can book a player if he takes too much time leaving the field, but powerless if he refuses to do so?

The ref could probably book and them send them off for time wasting but not for refusing to be subbed off.

I think the suggestion is that the ref simply carries on with play.  The player doesn’t have to go off, so if he says no. Play on.  In this case the ref went over and asked Sarri what he wanted to do.  Sarri seemed to suggest he wanted Kepa off.  Kepa refused. Sarri blew his top.  And after awhile... play on. 

That's mental. The ref can book a player if he takes too much time leaving the field, but powerless if he refuses to do so?

The ref could probably book and them send them off for time wasting but not for refusing to be subbed off.

Aye that's what I thought would be the simple solution. But I guess since the game was over and the clock no longer ticking he wasn't actually wasting time. I'm not sure what the formalities are for subs at the point, but you would think if the manager has removed him from the field of play then technically he shouldn't be on the pitch. All seems very strange, but football s ful of shite like this now. It'll be a feature on next years Football Manager, then before long everybody will be doing it.

Can you dig out a rule for that?

It's Law 3(3) Substitution Procedure:

To replace a player with a substitute, the following must be observed:

• the referee must be informed before any substitution is made

• the player being substituted receives the referee’s permission to leave the

field of play, unless already off the field

• the player being replaced is not obliged to leave at the halfway line and

takes no further part in the match, except where return substitutions are

permitted

if a player who is to be replaced refuses to leave, play continues

I ref a lot of youth games (U7-U14) and it happens all the time - little buggers never want to go off!  :lol:

Proper fucking stupid, that. Give the referee the power to send them off if they refuse to go as well, that'll really stop selfish players hindering their team. Or if you're an Italian, a great chance to make some money. :whistle:

Some talented wing backs in Europe that I’d hope our scouts are looking at..

*Kenny Lala 8 assists in Ligue 1 out of contract in the summer Roma/Few English clubs linked.

*Phillip Max nearly 20 assists in 2 seasons in the Bundesliga.

*Jetro Willems not getting many games at Frankfurt but has very good delievery.

Guest neesy111

Handball rule is changing so it doesn't have to deliberate in goalscoring situations.

What so if a player boots the ball at your arm from 5 yards away it's gonna be a pen?

I'm not sure, just seen it announced.

Handball rule is changing so it doesn't have to deliberate in goalscoring situations.

What so if a player boots the ball at your arm from 5 yards away it's gonna be a pen?

If it stops a goal, aye. As it should be IMO

That's not what it means, it's about gaining an advantage for an attacker. The rule change says that any handball by an attacking player that results in a goal will be penalised, deliberate or not. No change for defenders.

That's not what it means, it's about gaining an advantage for an attacker. The rule change says that any handball by an attacking player that results in a goal will be penalised, deliberate or not. No change for defenders.

Good change then :thup: