Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Off the top of my head...

The Life of Riley by The Lightening Seeds, obviously because of GOTM on MOTD.

Every Kasabian song ever released because of football streaming.

Those two whistle songs that Everton and Chelsea have for the players walking out.

One Vision by Queen because of the Sky Sports advert in (I think) '96 for the start of the new season.

Hits Me Like a Rock by CSS because of FIFA 12.

I've said it loads but I've never liked Local Hero, like. It sounds like music for a Bellway Homes advert or something to me.

The Everton one is Z-Cars and the Chelsea one is The Liquidator, it seems.

Yeah, Leyton Orient used to come out to Z-Cars too. I love The Liquidator, and refuse to associate it with Chelsea :lol:. Fortunately they also used it for GTA: London, so that’s my association.

Nessun Dorma for me, and Song 2 from FIFA, whichever one it was on. Life of Riley too. Does Diamond Lights count?

Going for Gold - Shed Seven. Sky used it on one of our games in the run in 95/96

Nessun Dorma. Italia 90

You Get What You Give - Metro Radio used it as our cup final song in 99

Goal Scoring Superstar Hero (anyone under 30 google it)

Love Local Hero, but rather than being the Bellway advert suggested by KI its 100% a local second hand car dealership advert

aye and we got fuck all

Off the top of my head...

The Life of Riley by The Lightening Seeds, obviously because of GOTM on MOTD.

Every Kasabian song ever released because of football streaming.

Those two whistle songs that Everton and Chelsea have for the players walking out.

One Vision by Queen because of the Sky Sports advert in (I think) '96 for the start of the new season.

Hits Me Like a Rock by CSS because of FIFA 12.

I've said it loads but I've never liked Local Hero, like. It sounds like music for a Bellway Homes advert or something to me.

The Everton one is Z-Cars and the Chelsea one is The Liquidator, it seems.

Wolves and West Brom famously use The Liquidator. Although sometime the police "politely" ask the clubs not to play it. (Fuck Ogg West Brom/You Wolves).

Guest firetotheworks

What Do You Want From Me by Monaco massively reminds me of Keegan leaving and Dalglish coming in. :anguish: It was never off the radio around that time.

She sells sanctuary by The Cult. Think it was on Sky around Y2K without commentary showing Goals of the week or something. The goals were good of course but the song gave me goose bumps. Made me start listening to The Cult  :smitten:

Forge FC are giving away free tickets to their first ever and the CPL’s first ever game, with a maximum of 4 per person.

They are already giving fans who buy a season ticket a free home shirt.

Imagine if NUFC has an owner like them.

Ireland have called up some 29 year old who plays for Newport and has never player above League 2 level for there Euro qualifiers.

Was class in the cup run tbf to him. He's played albeit not much in the Portuguese top flight for a bit too.

Ireland have called up some 29 year old who plays for Newport and has never player above League 2 level for there Euro qualifiers.

We have a 38 man squad including 5 goalkeepers, one of those keepers of which I've literally never heard of so it doesn't mean much. Still, was canny in the cup so happy for him. Has also played in the Portuguese Premier Division before