Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Got to thinking about how our current Newcastle squad would have lined up under Bobby Robson?

Assuming 442...

-------------------Dubravka------------------

Yedlin-----Lascelles---Lejeune----Dummett

Almiron------Shelvey----Ki----------Kenedy

---------------Perez---------------------------

------------------------Rondon----------------

Perhaps something like that? Kenedy in the Robert role, a midfield with goalscoring threat, and a Woodgate/Bramble esque central defence. You could move Almiron into the Perez role to get more of that Shearer/Bellamy relationship.

I mean, from the graph it’s outrageously clear that Pochettino has Spurs overachieving based on their spend. :lol:

The fact that Kane cost them nothing helps of course but their squad cost about half of what Man U and Liverpool have spent.

All the other clubs around Spurs have spent a lot more than them

Pochettino has a starting eleven that cost £270m-£300million one of the most expensive starting 11’s in the Premier League :lol:

Against us I think it was £270million vs £40million about right they win most weeks and compete for Top 4 with a starting eleven that cost that much every week!

I mean, from the graph it’s outrageously clear that Pochettino has Spurs overachieving based on their spend. :lol:

The fact that Kane cost them nothing helps of course but their squad cost about half of what Man U and Liverpool have spent.

Kane only started to play well and showing consistency when Poch took over

But I’m told by the media Eddie Howe is doing a miracle in the Premier League with a League 2 squad/spend though? :icon_scratch:

How is Pochettino competing with a lineup that cost £270m-£300million? Another absolute “miracle” :mackems:

You seem like such a well balanced and reflected person in your posts, yet as soon as you get to the subject of Howe and to a degree Pochettino your posts descend into a potpourri of emojis and cheap twitter argument style comments. :lol: Why?

Pochettino has a starting eleven that cost £270m-£300million one of the most expensive starting 11’s in the Premier League :lol:

Against us I think it was £270million vs £40million about right they win most weeks and compete for Top 4 with a starting eleven that cost that much every week!

:lol: They are a lot better than us, I don't see how that's relevant. They are also doing well against clubs that have massively outspent them.

But I’m told by the media Eddie Howe is doing a miracle in the Premier League with a League 2 squad/spend though? :icon_scratch:

How is Pochettino competing with a lineup that cost £270m-£300million? Another absolute “miracle” :mackems:

You seem like such a well balanced and reflected person in your posts, yet as soon as you get to the subject of Howe and to a degree Pochettino your posts descend into a potpourri of emojis and cheap twitter argument style comments. :lol: Why?

Because that media darling Pochettino has gone 6 years without winning a trophy with a starting eleven that cost £270m-£300million :lol:

How can a manager go 6 years without winning a trophy with a lineup that cost near £300million yet still get talked about as if he is some “MIRACLE WORKER” :mackems:

Because that media darling Pochettino has gone 6 years without winning a trophy with a starting eleven that cost £270m-£300million :lol:

How can a manager go 6 years without winning a trophy with a lineup that cost near £300million yet still get talked about as if he is some “MIRACLE WORKER” :mackems:

Kane only started to play well and showing consistency when Poch took over

Poch was going to use him as a Europa League striker and Soladado as the first choice in the league.

Rafa Benitez with 6 years at Spurs would win at least 2-4 trophies how many years can Poch get away with not winning a trophy 20/30 years?

Didn’t he say the other day they’re another 10 years away from winning a trophy? He is taking the absolute p*ss :spit:

What are you blithering on about? :lol:

Our starting XI against Arsenal included most of our recent big buys (Sissoko, Son, Sanchez) and missed out cheap guys like the injured Alli, Winks and Dier yet still cost about 170M max (off the top of my head). Liverpool spent that on Alisson, VVD and Fabinho, and Man City are Man City.

Obviously we’ve got a pretty significant budget in a European sense, but we’ve consistently performed above our means in the league. Just stop bullshitting :lol:.

Their Premier League starting lineup + bench cost what £350m-£400million?

If you add their lineup and bench it must be among the Top 4 most expensive in the Premier League.

And if you count how much Harry Kane is worth that takes their first 11 and bench value to over £600million :lol:

So how many years is Poch allowed to go without winning a trophy 10/11 years? :lol:

Well we’re cool with how he’s doing :lol:. You seem considerably more aggrieved about it than us.

He’s done a great job. All you can do as a manager is put your team into the best position to win, then you just need things to break your way on the day. In the cups, at least.

Keegan didn’t win anything with Newcastle. He was a great manager. You just didn’t get the right break at the right time - and he had more parity of resources with his competitors than Poch. It just strikes me as a lazy argument.

Their Premier League starting lineup + bench cost what £350m-£400million?

If you add their lineup and bench it must be among the Top 4 most expensive in the Premier League.

And if you count how much Harry Kane is worth that takes their first 11 and bench value to over £600million :lol:

I literally just told you how much they cost :lol:. Again, what are you blithering on about?