Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Hate the twat just agrees with most of the others shit or arse licks people like Bruce. He is s common ex player who knows nothing but a paycheck but the laughs hides that  

If Rafa loses his first two games he'll pounce but if Bruce does it'll be an injury or the fans fault

Edited by astraguy

I personally find Richards' over the top laughing at every single fucking thing quite irritating tbh. If he could tone it down a bit he'd probably be a welcome relief to dried up miserable old cunts like Souness.

The MOTD top 10 thing bugs me too; why is there a pre-selected list that Richards and Shearer have to put in order rather than them just picking their own top 10? I watched one about top 10 worst grounds to play at and Richards hadn't heard of or played at about 5 of them because he was too young, just seemed totally pointless.

12 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Emma Hayes is by far the best co-commentator on TV. 

See I'm torn on this; I was listening to the game the other day and she talks in very technical terms like you'd imagine they get taught in the courses.  Double-pivots & low presses and whatnot.  But I'm not clear if she's actually saying anything insightful or if it just sounds like she is.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather listen to her over the usual shite that's trotted out I'm just not convinced she's doing anything different, just presenting it in another way.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not to be that guy, but I reckon if Bale was English he’d be considered at least on par. The stats and trophies back him up.

Rooney has about 100 goals more than him tbf, though Bale hasn't stopped of course.  I don't think you bring trophies into these discussions or we're back to Shearer vs. whoever won more cups.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, La Parka said:

Mccoist and Hayes are the only two Co coms that offer anything positive to the matches. Danny murphy and Lee dixion are diabolical. 

Hayes irritates me because again she over emphasises everything, as if she’s commentating on radio where there is a need to commentate more on every detail/action. She’s way better than the likes of Dixon, Murphy and Jenas though, but they are a low bar. McCoist is great and I quite like Keown. ITV have the best pundits but the constant adverts and ITV Hub makes for a shitty viewing experience. 

2 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Rooney has about 100 goals more than him tbf, though Bale hasn't stopped of course.  I don't think you bring trophies into these discussions or we're back to Shearer vs. whoever won more cups.

The goals thing is a bit redundant when you think he spent the early part of his career at left back, whereas Rooney was up top from the outset (apart from when he was finished towards the end). 

Vicki Sparks constantly sounds like she's having a poo. 

Thought Emma Hayes was really good in the Croatia/Denmark one. Thought she was really insightful, probably the best I've heard after McCoist this tourney. 

BBC is shockingly shite, like. Murphy is in a league of his own, Jenas is tedious as fuck and also happens to be Jermaine Jenas, Savage obviously very irritating and Dublin is a bit of a dimwit. Keown's the only one I like - really enjoy his intensity but he's better as a pundit. Just looking at the list of others and I can't recall hearing anyone else. I see Karen Carney is among them, she's pants n'all. 

The only place BBC beats ITV is Lineker > Pougatch and a generally excellent crop of first commentators (Sparks aside, imo). Mowbray, Wilson, Bower all very good, don't mind Pearce. ITV have got Clive then nowt. Matterface is awful. 

32 minutes ago, triggs said:

Nah. I dislike Kane a lot so maybe affects my judgement but I think Bale was miles better particularly on the biggest stage

Think Bale fluffed it when he had the chance on the biggest stage...shadow of Ronaldo was too much. 

Should have gone somewhere where they would have built a team around him, rather than trying to match/upstage Ronaldo in the same team. PSG or Juventus would have been a better move for him at the time

Bale was one of the world's top players until he lost interest in football. Now age has caught up with him he plays like someone who's pissed off at the world but knows deep down he didn't do enough for himself.