Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Keegan now has to be content with being the last English manager to guide a side to runners-up spot in Premier League history.

You read that right – since Newcastle’s dramatic 1995-96 season no English manager has even finished second.

I did not know that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/10/england-club-football-1996-arsene-wenger-manchester-united-newcastle

Keegan now has to be content with being the last English manager to guide a side to runners-up spot in Premier League history.

You read that right – since Newcastle’s dramatic 1995-96 season no English manager has even finished second.

I did not know that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/10/england-club-football-1996-arsene-wenger-manchester-united-newcastle

Pretty obvious why English managers don't get given the big jobs then. Just not good enough

Apparently Red Bull are buying Swindon.

Tim Sherwood has just been appointed their director of football.

Sounds like that rumour has some legs otherwise that is a really bizarre appointment/move.

Why would Red Bull want Tim Sherwood as DOF though?

Sounds like that rumour has some legs otherwise that is a really bizarre appointment/move.

Why would Red Bull want Tim Sherwood as DOF though?

I'm not sure why anybody would, tbh.

I suppose it is a 'big name signing' for Swindon.

Power said that Sherwood will "head up all aspects, including transfers, the way we play, the formations and the picking of the team", implying a strong level of day-to-day involvement.

"A director of football is normally someone who doesn't put their tracksuit on and doesn't interact with the team - that won't happen here," said Power."

Sounds like he's going to be manager in all but name

All so Sky get the atmosphere pitch side and maintain their entertainment business. What a load of w***

You against the move?

Aye. Clubs should be doing more to preserve their own atmospheres and fans and not relying on a hard core contingency of away fans to create something to shout down.

Introduce safe standing and singing sections where like minded fans can create an atmosphere.

That will come with time I suspect now that Hillsborough is being put to bed somewhat. As will reduced ticket prices because actually televised games are killing live football in this country at present.

Why spend £30 to sit in a library with a (possibly) shit view? When you can watch it at home or in the pub for nowt. Eventually people will begin to turn away from the club's they so dearly love unless the FA cap ticket pricing. Even then some will still walk away.

It will improve atmospheres for the short term but it will lead to increased crowd trouble, stewarding and policing.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I suspect that this has more to do with preserving the entertainment factor for Sky than it does owt else. The game in this country will implode eventually if they're not careful.

All so Sky get the atmosphere pitch side and maintain their entertainment business. What a load of w***

You against the move?

Aye. Clubs should be doing more to preserve their own atmospheres and fans and not relying on a hard core contingency of away fans to create something to shout down.

Introduce safe standing and singing sections where like minded fans can create an atmosphere.

That will come with time I suspect now that Hillsborough is being put to bed somewhat. As will reduced ticket prices because actually televised games are killing live football in this country at present.

Why spend £30 to sit in a library with a (possibly) s*** view? When you can watch it at home or in the pub for nowt. Eventually people will begin to turn away from the club's they so dearly love unless the FA cap ticket pricing. Even then some will still walk away.

It will improve atmospheres for the short term but it will lead to increased crowd trouble, stewarding and policing.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I suspect that this has more to do with preserving the entertainment factor for Sky than it does owt else. The game in this country will implode eventually if they're not careful.

I just think it's a good start/better than nothing. Your others points are all valid just don't see how this can't sit alongside them.

Guest neesy111

You against the move?

Why spend £30 to sit in a library with a (possibly) s*** view? When you can watch it at home or in the pub for nowt. Eventually people will begin to turn away from the club's they so dearly love unless the FA cap ticket pricing. Even then some will still walk away.

I just think it's a good start/better than nothing. Your others points are all valid just don't see how this can't sit alongside them.

They are meeting next week to discuss safe standing apparently.

Guest neesy111

Sky Sports saying it's bollocks.  So it'll be announced soon no doubt.

Republic of Ireland footballer Anthony Stokes has pleaded guilty to assaulting an Elvis Presley impersonator outside a nightclub in Dublin.

The striker, who plays for Blackburn Rovers, admitted a charge of assault, causing harm to Anthony Bradley.

The incident took place outside Buck Whaleys nightclub on 8 June 2013.Stokes, 27, of Claremont Terrace, Glasgow, will be sentenced on 20 December.

The case had been listed to go to trial on 22 November but Stokes pleaded guilty at an arraignment hearing on Thursday.

The former Celtic player, who has nine caps for the Republic of Ireland, was released on continuing bail.

Stokes began his career at Arsenal and also played for Sunderland and Hibernian.

Rumour has it that the victim was all shook up

Republic of Ireland footballer Anthony Stokes has pleaded guilty to assaulting an Elvis Presley impersonator outside a nightclub in Dublin.

The striker, who plays for Blackburn Rovers, admitted a charge of assault, causing harm to Anthony Bradley.

The incident took place outside Buck Whaleys nightclub on 8 June 2013.Stokes, 27, of Claremont Terrace, Glasgow, will be sentenced on 20 December.

The case had been listed to go to trial on 22 November but Stokes pleaded guilty at an arraignment hearing on Thursday.

The former Celtic player, who has nine caps for the Republic of Ireland, was released on continuing bail.

Stokes began his career at Arsenal and also played for Sunderland and Hibernian.

Rumour has it that the victim was all shook up

I heard it all broke out just cuz he stepped on his blue suede shoes