Gonçalo Ramos

Rich

21 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

My sister's partner, who's from Lisbon and a Benfica fan, had a similar view on Nunez, he said he didn't really rate him much when we were linked with him in December.

Yeah,  always best to trust the ones that watch them week in week out. Also Nunez was getting a lot of negative press at first even from Liverpool fans. 

On 15/08/2022 at 06:44, JonBez comesock said:

Everyone that watched the Brighton game in full will know we are severely lacking in quality and lacking in firepower / creativity from the wings 

Bringing on Murphy etc , shows the lack of depth 

Well I suppose that depends on your point of view on the Brighton game, because in mine and then Eddie said it himself after game, it was in the middle of park where we were the poorest. 

But you are correct that we need more firepower and more quality up top, especially the wide areas.

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Well I suppose that depends on your point of view on the Brighton game, because in mine and then Eddie said it himself after game, it was in the middle of park where we were the poorest. 

But you are correct that we need more firepower and more quality up top, especially the wide areas.

To be honest I think It was a bit of both. I agree we were poor in the middle of the park but when we did get into some good positions, our final ball was absolutely abysmal! 

We probably need 3 players. A forward to back Wilson up, someone who can play wide of a front 3 and either someone in the middle to sit and let Bruno get forward more (personally I think this is where he's most dangerous) or someone better than Willock (harsh maybe, but he has games where he's totally anonymous, like on saturday).

Whether we get all 3 though, probably not.

Edited by Scoot

11 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

My sister's partner, who's from Lisbon and a Benfica fan, had a similar view on Nunez, he said he didn't really rate him much when we were linked with him in December.

He looks very strong and athletic, but not so great on technique. It surprised me a little that Liverpool went for him. They seemed to have a winning formula.

The title of this thread is incorrect. Gonçalo is with the Benfica squad in Poland.

Edit: see that is fixed. According to Portuguese press, Gonçalo will most likely not play tonight. Yaremchuk or Henrique Araújo are the most likely starters. We will see in a few minutes.

Edited by Bruno