João Pedro

Just now, Thumbheed said:

Aye but fucking love the idea of low valuing them as a fuck you

Hope we do and his hoys in a transfer request to force the move. Teach them for moving goalposts.

Guest HTT II

Wineoclock Edwards is so in the know, he didn’t have a fucking clue about Isak, he knows fuck all. Why do people repost his shit, seriously!

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I reckon this one gets revived on deadline day 

Fingers crossed. Feel sorry for the lad, he was about to join something special and it's been robbed off him. 

34 minutes ago, jack j said:

But when he says here we go he's always right [emoji38]

tbf... going off the above account, it was a agreed, which is what he said. 

It's then changed due to Watford being pricks amid new interest. 

Edited by Wilson

I still think Romano's info was real from either Watford or Pedro's agent and then one or a combination of both of these things happened:

On 23/08/2022 at 13:00, timeEd32 said:

Here are the ways I could see Romano's info being wrong after the fact:

1) Watford accepted a verbal / unofficial offer and we're now being slow with making it official potentially due to Wilson news or other options

2) Watford accepted a verbal / unofficial offer and then got an offer from Everton and are being dicks about it or the player is potentially more interested in them

That said, I still think it's done and all of this is a bunch of nonsense around different definitions of "done" that Luke is on the wrong side of.

It's certainly fair to say he jumped the gun on calling it though. 

Just now, HTT II said:

Wineoclock Edwards is so in the know, he didn’t have a fucking clue about Isak, he knows fuck all. Why do people repost his shit, seriously!

Edwards reports what he's told. The club leak enough to him to run a story and an opinion. He's banged the drum nicely for them. Lowering expectations, pleading poverty and distracting everyone with other players while they do does in secret. He's doing the clubs dirty work, he doesn't even know it.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Edwards reports what he's told. The club leak enough to him to run a story and an opinion. He's banged the drum nicely for them. Lowering expectations, pleading poverty and distracting everyone with other players while they do does in secret. He's doing the clubs dirty work, he doesn't even know it.

I think you’re giving him way too much credit, he’s a thick cunt I’ll grant you that so it could be so!

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I hardly think paying  nearly 60mill for Isak gives the impression that anyone  thought we were pleading poverty. 

He knows very little. He may have a contact or two agent side but seemingly nothing  at the club anymore.

30 minutes ago, jack j said:

If this week proves out its that they aal kna fuck aal

Hope and Edwards have repeatedly said we couldn't do a deal like we have for Isak and that we had 30 million up front and that's the lot

Romano said Pedro was a here we go and it now looks like it's not

If we keep operating the way we appear to be then I think the important thing to keep in mind moving forward is, in most cases, those using sources tied to NUFC are only going to get information the club wants out there. For example, we may be done other than loans and we're fine saying so. We may also be using Edwards as the negative little mouthpiece he is as a tactic. Maybe that's where the depressed budget numbers came from too, who knows.

Breaking news on transfers is almost certainly going to come from elsewhere, whether that's someone like Ornstein, someone with connections to a particular agent, or local reporters of the other club.

Just now, HTT II said:

I think you’re giving him way too much credit, he’s a thick cunt I’ll grant you that so it could be so!

The owners have used media sources as leverage even before they bought the club. They aren't going to negative spin through the their preferred sources. No, they'll use someone who's always been a negative cunt and let him spin a yarn, knowing they'll not back down and keep banging that drum. 

He's done a great job for them. We've secured Isak without any competition.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I hardly think paying  nearly 60mill for Isak gives the impression that anyone  thought we were pleading poverty. 

He knows very little. He may have a contact or two agent side but seemingly nothing  at the club anymore.

I think he meant we were pleading poverty before signing isak as a smoke screen.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Until yesterday did you honestly think we'd throw £60m on a player? Course not. As expectations have been played right down, thanks to sources like him. Then bang. We got a big target without much fuss and competition. 

This was always the clubs plan. The info he has been getting, he has shown 100% commitment to, and he's like that as it's somewhere from the club. Just no one is doing him any favours.

You couldn't name an industry more rammed with undeserving self-important narcissists than journalism, like.

It's mad how they're all seemingly baffled why so many people actively dislike them, let alone fail to respect them at the level they seem to think they should be, like they're providing a valuable service to humanity.

The likes of Romano have completely exposed the idea that their worth to us doesn't go beyond how ITK they are and no one gives a shit about their copy. And they can't stand it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Can see the salty-ness coming from the traditional media about how much traction people like Romano get, whereas they get fuck all :lol:

Worth spending £30m just so these two clowns are wrong.

Romano was wrong on this occasion. Edwards was right on this occasion. Just accept it or you all just end up looking like Edwards defending Bruce ?

He’s probably wrong about us not spending anymore money this window however and it may even end up being on Pedro but I remember many many many months ago Staveley told Wraith the plan was £100m player investment per first 3 windows if I recall so I guess that’s not far off as it stands ??‍♂️ 

Edited by LFEE

Love the idea that the owners hated Edwards for his pro Bruce/ anti takeover views that they intentionally fed him the budget rumours and summer so that when they went big everyone would jump on him for being a complete know nothing prick.

Edited by SUPERTOON