João Pedro

11 minutes ago, Flip said:

He's really getting loads of minutes. 13 minutes in total, all 13 after PSG have been ahead by around 20 goals in each game. And he's looked very poor in those 13 minutes. ;)  Joao Pedro is actually more proven than Hugo at this point. Hugo Ekitike failed miserably in the Danish league at the age of 18 while Joao Pedro scored 9 in the Championship.  

you rate the lad flip?

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

you rate the lad flip?

The little I've seen of him, I've thought he looks very good. Strong, technical and a lot of effort. Similar to Richarlison, but a better footballer. Obviously still raw, and his goalscoring record isn't great, but he just seems to fit that mould of player we've been looking for who can do an alright job across all three front positions but would primarily be Wilsons back up. 

*he was very highly rated in Brazil as he scored 10 in 37 as a 17 year old at Fluminens eand people were surprised he went to Watford. 

Edited by Flip

1 minute ago, Geordiebri said:

Instead of looking for a Wilson backup, why aren't we going for a Wilson upgrade? 

I thought we are supposed to be ambitious?

Signing Pedro Smells too much of wanting a Champagne lifestyle on fizzy pop money.

I think the theory is buy someone young with potential and in a couple of years they’ll be an upgrade to Wilson 

5 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Instead of looking for a Wilson backup, why aren't we going for a Wilson upgrade? 

Signing Pedro Smells too much of wanting a Champagne lifestyle on fizzy pop money.

Wilson's goal return for us is just short of 1 in 2. Who do you fancy us to get who's gonna top that?

6 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Exactly. We’ve replaced the last owner with new owners who’s ambition is the same, to survive at minimal outlay. I’m outraged. 

12 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Have you not been following the club? They have talked about the approach in the immediate future over and over again. From owner to manager.

I don't understand how people can still be this unaware of what is going on. This is unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Have you not been following the club? They have talked about the approach in the immediate future over and over again. From owner to manager.

I don't understand how people can still be this unaware of what is going on. This is unbelievable. 

Pedro isnt building , he's not !

You're saying it's ok to get a mediocre backup for a centre forward who is only slightly better than average.  It's pointless tbh.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pretty sure he’s on the wind up 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Players as well. Trippier was talking evolution not revolution, slow building, during last season.

Don't know much about Pedro or whether I'd want him or not. I saw him on Friday night on TV, Watford v Burnley.

Can't say I particularly noticed him, to be honest. But then again I wasn't especially looking and it's only one game.

I guess that's the thing about a player so young - they're always a risk no matter how well scouted they are.

Still, we do at least seem ready to bid for young, raw strikers like Ekitike or this guy. And, if the rumours have anything to them, at least having had a look at the likes of Isak and Sesko.

One, some or maybe none of those players might turn out to be the next big thing, so it's always going to be a gamble but probably one worth taking, for us.

In which case, maybe we're looking to get a slightly more established player for elsewhere on the pitch.

Would have guessed right wing initially. But you do wonder if this Shelvey injury really has caused them to rethink where that is best, given that Howe clearly does rate him.

14 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Pedro isnt building , he's not !

You're saying it's ok to get a mediocre backup for a centre forward who is only slightly better than average.  It's pointless tbh.

Is it possible to have bots on here? [emoji38]

Using you're understanding its all about continuous improvement.  How is Pedro  part of that? You still haven't said why.

What’s so difficult to understand about a preference to bring in younger players who already have experience at the top level, in this or other countries, and according to those who know the game, the kind of skill set and attitude we are looking for as well as significant potential to develop further? Pretty clear from the outset we are going to splurge, nor are capable of attracting, a whole array of finished article type players. 

2 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

Using you're understanding its all about continuous improvement.  How is Pedro  part of that? You still haven't said why.

He isn't. I agree. It would be going backwards.

I want them to bring back Gayle. He has untapped potential.

Not many finished articles at his age and not going to judge him on a season with a relegated team with a supposed toxic dressing room.

Don't know if he will prove to be part of our project yet but if Howe believes he can get something more out of him, similarly to JL and Krafth, then hopefully we'll see.

1 hour ago, Geordiebri said:

We don’t have £60M+

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

I suppose the reality is that without chucking money at players of that calibre it'll be a good while before, or if, we ever get there. Chicken and egg.

(I don't disagree with your point at all btw).

I think we follow [not rigidly] the Brighton method, but when it comes to selling them for £50million+ to the top teams, we say no because we want to be a top team.