João Pedro

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Where does the saying top drawer come from?

Answer: In the olden days in England, a woman's dresser-room would have a hierarchy of drawers. The top drawer was where they kept the jewellery and valuables. The saying is, therefore, linked to being high-class.

That’s better so you go for the jewellery whilst LV goes for the knickers.

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Answer: In the olden days in England, a woman's dresser-room would have a hierarchy of drawers. The top drawer was where they kept the jewellery and valuables. The saying is, therefore, linked to being high-class.

Who gives a fuck about jewellery?  What level is the panty drawer?

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’ve never understood the saying top drawer - why is that drawer better than the other two? 

i keep my jeans in the bottom drawer so surely that should be my best drawer.

It depends if your jeans look like this 

Ev4KX42XMAAO1pT.jpg

Guest HTT II

I’ve been keeping mine brief for years now, some people still get their knickers in a twist over what I post mind.

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Top drawer is self explanatory, I.e. if someone is good they are top draw, as in the draw at the top, well, being the top draw. Our top draw is full of shite mind in our drawers, mainly the wife’s crusty old knickers and some moth bitten old socks of mine…

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

It’s simply because when I read his Tweets and articles I find them balanced. I am able for example to accept his original Tweet about our budget (£40-50m iirc) and then except his follow up Tweets a week or so later (that the budget had increased to £60-90m iirc) and the reasons for them both. Same as except him saying that his information was we were clearly in for Pedro but the deal was in play which until now unless I’ve missed anything it still is. Unfortunately we’ve a lot of fans can’t and I personally think they are thick because of it as does Edwards so I guess that’s where we align. I was reading on here only days ago about people banging on about him getting the budget wrong. 1hr is a long time in the transfer window never mind days and weeks. Things are changing all the time. I 

If you haven’t got the intelligence to realise in the transfer window that the goalposts are constantly changing, as are targets, as are demands, as are squad needs, as are other teams exact same goalposts which in turn affect our own then you are always going to struggle with reports from the media during a transfer window as they can be rendered out of date within minutes.

Fans who engage with him sensibly he’s fine with and usually bothers to engage back. Fans who are rude and attack him he enjoys winding up or blocking etc. Absolutely no problem with any of that.

For the final time he let his friendship with Steve Bruce get the better of his professional judgment during his time here. I’ve never argued anything else but even then some of his Tweets are ridiculously twisted. For example there was nothing wrong with the Tweet someone posted on here recently by and large. The only point you could argue is the definition of a “good job” keeping us up for two year. Believe it or not but probably a lot of matching going fans think that also. Has he got a good promotion record? Yes. Can you see therefore why WBA would take a chance on him? Yes. Not sure how it’s a stick to beat Edwards with personally other than I would argue he did an average job at best at NUFC but then that was all that was demanded from him whilst MA tried to sell the club and cut costs further so there is an argument I dare if trying to be balanced. Which I always try to be on here. I hope FR is right. I hope we get Pedro. I personally think Edwards is right and it’s not agreed. Doesn’t mean it won’t be any minute, hour or day now. Edwards am sure if he gets wind of it being confirmed from his sources he’ll say so along with other journalists.

They are all right and all wrong most of the time. It’s the nature of the murky workings behind the scenes of football 🙂

Why anybody would waste that many words on someone who just likes to wind fans up is beyond me. I actually remember him from his days as football writer for the Journal and he was actually quite decent back then. I think social media isn't the best platform for him, he should stick to long form articles, preferably about some other club.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Top drawer is self explanatory, I.e. if someone is good they are top draw, as in the draw at the top, well, being the top draw. Our top draw is full of shite mind in our drawers, mainly the wife’s crusty old knickers and some moth bitten old socks of mine…

Makes even less sense than usual :lol:

Guest HTT II

I love LFEE, but he’s went right down in my estimation now. He used to be a top draw poster…

Edited by HTT II

22 minutes ago, TRC said:

To be fair to Edwards, he said the deal wasn't done and it doesn't seem to be.

This is what I don't get. Romano didn't say the deal was "done" did he? He might have, actually, but what I inferred was that we'd agreed a fee. That doesn't mean the transfer is complete.

20 minutes ago, LV said:

Because it’s usually the knicker drawer 

I remember the saying of olde "saving for our bottom drawer". Not sure where I heard it but always wondered where it came from. I guess it's just buying underwear for the wedding night.

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

2 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Richarlison is the wrong Brazilian to compare him to for me,

he's more Firmino style. 

Looks far more dynamic than Firmino.

Hoping he develops into more of a Gabriel Jesus type if we sign him.