Alexander Isak

Disco

2 hours ago, Ben said:

What's actually wrong with him ? 

Thigh muscle injury which he re injured and therefore why they’re being extra cautious. Howe says he’s back running and kicking a ball so he’s probably close to full training and they’ll probably want a couple of weeks of that. I think he might return in some capacity for FA cup match and then hopefully Fulham home which is 3 weeks away. 

Id rather they were extra cautious and not bring him back too early. Must’ve been really difficult for the lad so the fans will be really important when he returns.

26 minutes ago, Zero said:

Genuinely speaking, we probably don’t need him that much at this moment when Wilson is fit. We need Isak badly when Wilson is injured, which we all know it’s just a matter of time

Exactly which is why we get his return exactly right. I don’t think we’ll bring in a striker this window so it’s imperative we get Isak back fit. 

It’s exciting that we’ll be able to add him to the mix fairly soon even if it’s a role off the bench initially. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 hours ago, Zero said:

Genuinely speaking, we probably don’t need him that much at this moment when Wilson is fit. We need Isak badly when Wilson is injured, which we all know it’s just a matter of time

Yep. Don't understand people frustrated that he's not getting game time when luckily we haven't needed him. I'd rather they nurse the injury properly so he has a smooth 2nd half of the season. Bit of a shitter how it happened but luckily Wilson has remained fit so the gap hasn't been felt.

2 hours ago, madras said:

There was mention of a behind closed doors game on Friday before Vallecano. Wonder if he got any time in that ?

We won’t know for certain but from what Howe said he’s running and kicking a ball but that isn’t full training with the squad. You’d imagine if he gets a couple of weeks or so full training with the squad then he’ll be involved which is why The Shef Wed game or Fulham seems more likely.  

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Can’t remember who it was that came on  in the city v Liverpool game in the week but it was their first appearance since the community shield after a thigh injury. Sounds like the same sort of timeframe. 

I hope we play him soon and in January. God forbid, if he gets injured again, hopefully we can get another dimilar quaity striker in, no matter the price, before the transfer window closes. We have to atleast have someone that we are ready to pounce for and not a Chris Wood level that we'll sign in desperation.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I hope we play him soon and in January. God forbid, if he gets injured again, hopefully we can get another dimilar quaity striker in, no matter the price, before the transfer window closes. We have to atleast have someone that we are ready to pounce for and not a Chris Wood level that we'll sign in desperation.

Had this conversation with a mate earlier this week who was very much of the same opinion as you BUT don't forget, that incredible run we went on at the end of last season, was with Wood in the side EVERY week so I think we'd have to trust in Eddie to make that work again if the scenario was to reoccur.

Wilson is only ever a week or two away from a long lay off but, with Isak getting closer to being back on the pitch, that gap is closing every day of both Wilson and Isak being out injured together AND you've got to look at Wood and say, for all of his shortcomings, he was an integral part of the team that pissed survival from a position of near nailed-on certainties to drop.

Aye, I don't look towards Wood as a negative. He did his job in a team struggling to stay up last season and when we were on that run, he delivered.

But right now, expectations maybe a bit higher and with that, the qualityand responsibility required will also be much more greater. Not saying Wood can't be relied on but we brought in Isak, regarded as a best of the three strikers so if we have and if we don't have him and Wilson, we should try get someone in to play with or to replace Wood at times. Sure Wood stiil do the job if required of course but we cannot sign another striker similar to him.

7 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

2022 is almost over and Wood has missed 11 days with an injury. Isaak has missed 95 days; Callum Wilson has missed 165 days; and Saint-Maximin has missed 76 days. 

Also:

Wood 17 appearances, 2 goals 

Isak 3 appearances, 2 goals

Wilson 12 appearances, 6 goals

ASM 9 appearances, 1 goal