Alexander Isak

Disco

Looking at Eddie's playing career, he suffered a knee injury in his debut for Portsmouth in March 2002, and then was out until the opening game of the following season. After 9 minutes of the opening game, he re-injured the knee and was out for 18 months. Eventually, injuries ended his career.

So if he's being ultra-cautious with Isak, it's perhaps both understandable and wise. Aggravating an injury that hasn't properly recovered can be the worst thing for a player (eg Jack Wilshere)

29 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Looking at Eddie's playing career, he suffered a knee injury in his debut for Portsmouth in March 2002, and then was out until the opening game of the following season. After 9 minutes of the opening game, he re-injured the knee and was out for 18 months. Eventually, injuries ended his career.

So if he's being ultra-cautious with Isak, it's perhaps both understandable and wise. Aggravating an injury that hasn't properly recovered can be the worst thing for a player (eg Jack Wilshere)

Its plain common sense from a properly run football club vs the car crash we’ve seen from knackers here in the past. I work as a physio and while I don’t work in football or even elite sports I can imagine how difficult and challenging it is to get someone back to that level after several months out. 

I think we’ll see him fairly soon all being well. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

On 24/12/2022 at 16:47, rebelrouser said:

2022 is almost over and Wood has missed 11 days with an injury. Isaak has missed 95 days; Callum Wilson has missed 165 days; and Saint-Maximin has missed 76 days. 

You know previously Isaak missed 5 games in the previous 3 seasons through injury, it’s just bang unlucky he picked up that injury just after signing for use 

On 24/12/2022 at 16:23, Minhosa said:

Had this conversation with a mate earlier this week who was very much of the same opinion as you BUT don't forget, that incredible run we went on at the end of last season, was with Wood in the side EVERY week so I think we'd have to trust in Eddie to make that work again if the scenario was to reoccur.

Wilson is only ever a week or two away from a long lay off but, with Isak getting closer to being back on the pitch, that gap is closing every day of both Wilson and Isak being out injured together AND you've got to look at Wood and say, for all of his shortcomings, he was an integral part of the team that pissed survival from a position of near nailed-on certainties to drop.

:pow:

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

No, don't think he has an opinion on the Basque situation.

:lol:You never know with him being ex Sociedad.

What’s been great and albeit unintentional is that Isak has been able to recover and get fit again away from the pressure and limelight due to the good form, let’s hope it continues and he’s back on the field asap.

Would be great to see Isak back fully fit for the Fulham game, don't see much sense risking him for the cup games if Wood and Wilson are both fully fit. Let him have a couple of weeks extra training and rest, we want him 100% ready for the games Febuary onwards, they will be huge, especially if we are still in both cups.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Would be great to see Isak back fully fit for the Fulham game, don't see much sense risking him for the cup games if Wood and Wilson are both fully fit. Let him have a couple of weeks extra training and rest, we want him 100% ready for the games Febuary onwards, they will be huge, especially if we are still in both cups.

I agree Fulham game looks more realistic or even Palace. He may get a cameo sub appearance in one of the cup games but only if they think he’s ready.

46 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Hoping to play a part over the festive period is now hoping he plays a part in January :lol:

Similar with Wilson last season, from

memory? His return just kept getting pushed back. 

Considering Wilson’s muscles seem to be made out of mashed potato, with old bits of spaghetti for tendons and ligaments. We could do with Isak being available soon. 

Wood may have done an ok job. But he really isn’t up to the standard required if we want to push for a top 4 finish. 

20 minutes ago, STM said:

I literally can't wait for him to return. Fingers crossed that his return coincides with our need for attacking reinforcements.

Yeah I almost feel that Isak, Wilson and Miggy could be our most effective front 3. Isak would probably press better than ASM but is also quick, very direct and scores goals. We haven’t really seen a proper genuine threat on the left to compliment Miggy yet other than ASM’s odd performance pre injury.

Edited by ExiledGeordie