Alexander Isak

Disco

While I’m not saying that story is true, I feel it’s a matter of time until we sell one of key ‘untouchable’ players if the offer is right. Not only would it be hard to hold onto a player that is wanted by a Madrid or a Barca, but a big fee would open up so many doors FFP wise and long term could make a lot of sense.. imagine how well we could reinvest 80-100m? If you take the emotional attachment to our best players out of the equation then it feels like it could be very good business for us. 

Be ready for that eventuality is all I’m saying, wether it’s Isak, Bruno or whoever. It’s going to be a real possibility that we cash in on one of our consistent high performers at some point.

Edited by Nine

Christ man its alway the same shite when a nonsense rumour comes out about one of our best players. Would City entertain selling Haaland? Would Arsenal sell Odegaard? If we are going to be one of the elites, this shouldn't even be a conversation.

2 hours ago, Menace said:

Isak should be at the bottom of that list. Who could we even replace him with. I genuinely think he's a generational talent.

Yep! Of the players we could sell for a massive fee, he is the last one that should be considered.

Strikers are always the hardest to replace, and this isn't just any old striker.

Sadly I think Bruno would be that player, as I can think of quite a few players of a similar style/level. That's not the case with Isak.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I’m sure that’s tripe but realistically things are going to have to change quite a bit if we’re going to hold onto him. 

:lol:

Things are going to have to change after he made the Champions League in his first season at the club.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

Things are going to have to change after he made the Champions League in his first season at the club.

He’s a great player, not Jacob Murphy. There are a dozen Champions League regulars who’d gladly build their attack around him.

12 hours ago, Nine said:

While I’m not saying that story is true, I feel it’s a matter of time until we sell one of key ‘untouchable’ players if the offer is right. Not only would it be hard to hold onto a player that is wanted by a Madrid or a Barca, but a big fee would open up so many doors FFP wise and long term could make a lot of sense.. imagine how well we could reinvest 80-100m? If you take the emotional attachment to our best players out of the equation then it feels like it could be very good business for us. 

Be ready for that eventuality is all I’m saying, wether it’s Isak, Bruno or whoever. It’s going to be a real possibility that we cash in on one of our consistent high performers at some point.

I'm not against selling any of our players - but 80-100m for Isak would not represent good business

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s a great player, not Jacob Murphy. There are a dozen Champions League regulars who’d gladly build their attack around him.

Agreed. And I don’t see the Wilson to Barca links anywhere? That’s the most telling to me.

Isak needs to be starting and the system built to suit him (and Tonali / Bruno) as much as possible. 

Can't see us letting him go for anything under double what we bought him for, and only if we think we can get appropriate replacements in.

To get to where we want to be as a club we will continue to get these rumours popping up about our players, really shows how far we've come. Eventually though we will have to sell, I'd be shocked to see any of Isak, Bruno or Botman retire with us.