Alexander Isak

Disco

Could have easily had 4 goals in 3 games had he kept it simple against Palace and not had that offside call against Liverpool, and that's by largely feeding off scraps.

I'd like us to get him on the ball more often as he is one of the few players we have that is capable of dribbling past an opponent to make some space.

Watched a few of his highlights for us, and I absolutely love the way he does a fake shot that just leaves defenders in no man's land, looks like something from a video game.

Seriously talented on the ball, just need some extra talent around him to make his job off the ball a bit easier. Can't wait to see how he gets on with ASM and Wilson up with him, Bruno back in his best position, Shelvey pinging deep balls to him, will cream my pants if I keep going.

Said it before we have a serious player here!

I think a huge problem we have is that our front three were built for counter attacking football. Wilson is a great goal scorer but he plays off the shoulder, ASM is about beating his man, while all other options are pretty limited. They've not been bought for a possession based game.

Whether he's dropping off or playing off the last man, Isak clearly likes the ball into his feet. It might just be that he's building up a relationship with the players around him, but I think it could be a personnel issue more than anything else. Having Bruno back up to speed will help his cause.

17 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Watched a few of his highlights for us, and I absolutely love the way he does a fake shot that just leaves defenders in no man's land, looks like something from a video game.

Seriously talented on the ball, just need some extra talent around him to make his job off the ball a bit easier. Can't wait to see how he gets on with ASM and Wilson up with him, Bruno back in his best position, Shelvey pinging deep balls to him, will cream my pants if I keep going.

Said it before we have a serious player here!

Agreed. I know it's early to make an assessment, but he looks like a top player. Surround him with similar talent and we'll be challenging, no doubt. But that's long term, in the short term we can look forward to him developing a better understanding with his new teammates.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think a huge problem we have is that our front three were built for counter attacking football. Wilson is a great goal scorer but he plays off the shoulder, ASM is about beating his man, while all other options are pretty limited. They've not been bought for a possession based game.

Whether he's dropping off or playing off the last man, Isak clearly likes the ball into his feet. It might just be that he's building up a relationship with the players around him, but I think it could be a personnel issue more than anything else. Having Bruno back up to speed will help his cause.

Personally wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the Wilson/King partnership Howe had at Bournemouth. At least just to see if it could work well, because that was a nice strike partnership back then, at least to watch, unsure about their stats together.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd say also, we had to play counter-attacking football because the players we randomly signed weren't capable of keeping possession and would always be outplayed by the opposition. 

There were quite a few moments on Saturday where he made a run behind or had the option to be played into earlier and we pretty much always hesitated. We seemed very timid in terms of upping the tempo, perhaps fearing a sucker punch too much. Got to hope that's about teammates needing to get used to his movements as well as how to develop a possession game. Either way, I think a short spell as a wide forward is a good way for him to learn about the league and for the rest to better understand his game in a less critical role, without negating his talents as a forward who can drive forward and be effective in & around the box.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Because it's the international break and there's fuck all else to do, been amusing myself through editing this image. Thought there was far too much potential.

pcrSv1b.jpg

Hide contents

BwSQ2zZ.png

Edwards.png

1oidXaJ.png

:lol: knobhead

23 hours ago, KDT said:

Bournemouth was him largely having to play with his back to goal and feeding off scraps, that's absolutely not what he's about.

Bournemouth are a funny one. Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool ripped them to shreds but in the other four games this season they've only conceded three goals and two of those were penalties. 

Interested to see how their defence goes from now to the World Cup, they've got a nice run of fixtures. 

Either way I'm not reading too much into last weekend, as disappointing as it was.

Shelvey and Maxi will make the world of difference to Isak, when they're back. Shelvey gets plenty of pelters on here but he has better vision than most and plays the ball early - he'll spot those early runs from Isak and stick the ball over or through for him first time. Maxi just creates space, which is exactly what we needed against Bournemouth. No striker is going to tear up trees with Almiron, Murphy and Fraser feeding him

53 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Bournemouth are a funny one. Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool ripped them to shreds but in the other four games this season they've only conceded three goals and two of those were penalties. 

Interested to see how their defence goes from now to the World Cup, they've got a nice run of fixtures. 

Either way I'm not reading too much into last weekend, as disappointing as it was.

Sadly those three teams have much, much better players than we do. Particularly in terms of creating and finishing chances.